Howl's Moving Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle is the latest animated film from Hayao Miyazaki, the creator of Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa, and others I can't remember right now. It's supposed to come out this June in the USA, but no word yet on how wide the release will be. Does anyone here know whether it'll show in Hawai'i?

Re: Howl's Moving Castle

Don't know for sure, but I'd be majorly surprised it if didn't come to Hawaii.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I don't know, but I was trying to figure that out myself because Miyazaki is my absolute favorite living filmmaker.
      I saw that on June 17th it will be released in 60 cities. But there will only be 800 theaters total. So hopefully Honolulu will be one of them?
      Please let me know if you find out any more info!
      Thanks

Comment

The official site for the English-language version isn't up yet, but you can get the trailer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          .....but you can get the trailer...

wierd. just plain freakin wierd.
          Last edited by kimo55; April 20, 2005, 09:16 PM.

Comment

There was a poster for it at Ward Theater.

Comment

For anyone who lives in Seattle, it'll be playing at the Neptune Theater in the U District on 6/10 at 7 p.m. I can't wait. Unfortunately, it will be playing with English subtitles.
              * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
              - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I consider English-subtitled anime to be better than the dubbed versions. Unless the translation and dubbing is exceptional (such as in Princess Mononoke), I'd rather stick with the original soundtrack with subtitles.

Comment

The June 7th edition of the Star Bulletin says it will open this Friday, June 10th. It didn't say (and it normally never does) where it will open.

Comment

Opening tomorrow at Ward 16.

Comment

So has anyone seen this movie yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X