• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hay Guys & Gals".......

"RE: Hey Guys & Gals"... Feb 19, 2005
    You know....
    To be honest.,....
    I really don't care if this darn post gets moved to some where else, or the subject/title/topic gets changed by some miraculous unforseen nature & it wouldn't surprise me a bit!. I entered that topic on purpose under
    "The classroom", I figure it to be just for laughs.
    The real topic is really about laughs in a school......

infact, it was held in a college LCC Lab Theater.

On The Spot:An Evening of Improve:

I really don't know any of them but here are those who had made it possible & to make it happen - (main comedians on the floor) Garrick Paikai, Chris Riel, Lizzie Wolfe,Rod Cachola, Danel verdugo, Robb Bonnel, & Shawn Thomsen.

It was held at 8:00 P.M. Which ended between 9:30 to 10:00 P.M.
    That show was very funny & hilarious, infact, it was so funny that it brought tears to my eyes. For those who were there &/or for those who have seen shows like that, would know what I am saying. For those who have not, you should try to check it out. The entrance fee we paid was only
    $10.00/per person, & worth every penny of it.

The whole show was separated into 2 parts: Act 1- Questions Only, new Choice, The Chris Riel Show,Sound FX,No Laughs Scene,Directors,Film Noir, Song Style. Act 2 - Mephistopheles Complain dept.,Forward and Reverse, Amish Rake Fight, Head in a bucket.

Would like to know if any one who had gone to it, or had gone to similar show like it, & what are your thoughts about it. I really liked it, as you can tell.
    I'm just curious from any one here on this DB if you had gone to one(or more) at any time at all, & to share your experience & thoughts about it.

Thank you & Aloha.
    Last edited by Serenity; February 19, 2005, 11:38 PM. Reason: Changing the letter "A" in the word "Hay" to the letter "E" to the word "Hey".
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: "Hey Guys & Gals".......

Originally posted by Serenity
    "RE: Hey Guys & Gals"... Feb 19, 2005

Would like to know if any one who had gone to it, or had gone to similar show like it, & what are your thoughts about it. I really liked it, as you can tell.
    I'm just curious from any one here on this DB if you had gone to one(or more) at any time at all, & to share your experience & thoughts about it.

Thank you & Aloha.
    I've been to a couple of On the Spot Comedy Improv performances, both at The Arts at Marks Garage in downtown Honolulu (Nuuanu). I've also been to 24 on 24, which is probably something entirely different, but which was also was at Marks and also featured some talented performers. On the Spot comes to Marks at least once a month, and I've always found something to laugh at during their shows (which is more than I can say for many of the comedians I've seen here, unfortunately). Every once in a while there's a performance where On the Spot competes against Loose Screws, another comedy improv group. The Arts at Marks website details upcoming performances.

24 on 24, for those who are not familiar, is a yearly contest where entered teams are given a particular prop, a particular phrase, and a particular character, all of which must be incorporated into an entirely original play that is written, directed, and acted (with memorized lines) within 24 hours. The competing plays are shown before an audience, but I can't remember how much say the audience has in choosing the winner (I recall a panel of judges being present).

Today I'll be checking out the "deconstructionist" version of Romeo and Juliet playing at Marks Garage; the play is set in a strip club and explores the themes of love vs. sex and love vs. time. This play will also be performed the weekend after this (Feb. 24 and 25). I'd love to hear what others think of the play, if there's anybody else reading this who intends to go!

And despite all my references to Marks, I don't work there or have any affiliation with the place, other than regular attendance at their events (always good when combined with a few drinks at Indigos or Hanks!)

Comment

Re: "Hay Guys & Gals".......

Quick question:

Regarding that play, CLUB FEMME CAPULET, wanted to know what you thought of it, the set, the theme, and the acting....

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X