... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead

The two guys who formed this band, Conrad Keely and Jason Reece, grew up on Maui and eventually moved to Olympia, then Austin. They released their fourth album, Worlds Apart, in January, and I have to say it's a really ambitious album. A number of reviews aren't keen about the album's prog-rock leanings, but I think the band handles itself well.

Requisite links:

Official site
    Fan archive
    Amazon.com (for sound samples)

Re: ... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead

too bad their booking agent isn't easy to work with or they'd have played here a few months back.
    808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Re: ... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead

Nemesis, The new record definitely isn't as good as thier previous albums, if only by nature of it not "rocking" as much (as well as having a couple of genuinely AWFUL songs on them), but I do like the ambitiousness of it, and if you don't try to compare it to "Source Tags..." and "Madonna", it's quite an amazing record on it's own merits.

BTW, Jason and Conrad grew up on Oahu, not Maui. I used to have a home video of Jason playing drums in a Kailua punkrock band called "If Any" (recorded at a punkrock show in the pavillion at Heeia Kea state park!) and even way back then, his drumming was simply amazing.

That's unfortunate to hear, Jason, about dealing with thier booking agent. Trail of Dead puts on the most amazingly intense live shows, and it would be so awesome to see them play back in thier hometown. I would LOVE to see them trash the stage at Pipeline and just freak out and piss EVERYONE off

ObPlug: I actually designed the animated sequences and titles for the DVD Documentary that accompanies the "Deluxe" version of the "Worlds Apart" CD

Comment

Working...
      X