Constantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine

Don't waste your money and your time. Sorry to insult those noble birds, but this thing is a turkey.

It does have the distinction of having the worst angel (and an archangel, at that) I've ever seen depicted on film. And the Lucifer was as bad. If the Prince of Darkness wanted to take human form, I am sure he would have picked one much more interesting.

I had to struggle to stay awake. Bad choice. If I'd fallen asleep, I'm sure I would have had a more interesting dream.

Re: Constantine

Originally posted by Albert
    Don't waste your money and your time. Sorry to insult those noble birds, but this thing is a turkey.

oh yea. that flik featuring the slightly animated 2x4 piece of wood, Keanu.

Comment

I dunno, I liked it. Keanu did alright. But then again, I'm probably closer to their target demographic than Albert or Kimo is.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        I dunno, I liked it. Keanu did alright. But then again, I'm probably closer to their target demographic than Albert or Kimo is.
        I see something that smacks of AGE discrimination!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Comment

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
            Ask a 60 year old lady what she thinks about Keanu in a skirt...EYE CANDY!
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Ask a 60 year old lady what she thinks about Keanu in a skirt...EYE CANDY!

"eye candy"
              will never get used to that...
              can't help but imagine an eyeball dipped in chocolate.
              or caramel visine.... when I hear that phrase.

Comment

While the movie has some plot holes, it was kind of okay to watch. If you do see it, there is a scene at the end of the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                  ... it was kind of okay to watch. If you do see it, there is a scene at the end of the credits.

...and even if you don't see it, there is still a scene at the end of the credits.

Comment

"there is a scene at the end of the credits."

Helen likes to sit through ALL of the end credits for every film, but Keanu smoked so many cigarettes throughout the movie that I rushed out of the theatre to light up. So I missed that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                      Keanu smoked so many cigarettes throughout the movie that I rushed out of the theatre to light up.

this is where the energy is now expended by the tobacco industry now that they can't advertise on the telly.
                      they GOT us after all!
                      (well, some of us.)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        this is where the energy is now expended by the tobacco industry now that they can't advertise on the telly.
                        they GOT us after all!
                        (well, some of us.)
                        And since the Feds want to tighten up on advertising of prescription meds (which I wholeheartedly agree they should do---it might bring the cost of meds down), I wonder if we're going to see Keanu or Brad or J Lo in a movie where they're seen popping Prozac???

Miulang

Comment

Errr... the smoking wasn't gratuitously added in; it's an integral part of the plot. And considering that Constantine is supposed to be dying of it, I really don't think you could see it as any kind of endorsement for the tobacco companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                            I wonder if we're going to see Keanu or Brad or J Lo in a movie where they're seen popping Prozac? Miulang

It's only a matter of time.
                            Product placement in movies is so rampant, and considering the huge number of theatre moviegoers as well as the netflix/ at home movie audience ready and willing to be influenced, why not.

We are already inured to complete 2 hour commercials at the theatres, (introduced by about 20 minutes of actual commercials,) wherein other major products are seen prominently:
                            That girlieman, Tom hanks in that FedEx commercial, "Cast Away".
                            Was watching "Absolute Power" and Ed harris asks Scott Glen;
                            "Tums?
                            no thanks got my own."

The effect is as a bowling ball tossed into a tennis match. Kills the moment. I want to escape reality via the "movies", not feel as if I am walking the aisles of Safeway.

http://www.dvdtown.com/messageboard/topic/1/680/
                            Last edited by kimo55; February 23, 2005, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Errr... the smoking wasn't gratuitously added in; it's an integral part of the plot. And considering that Constantine is supposed to be dying of it, I really don't think you could see it as any kind of endorsement for the tobacco companies.

Now, here's where the masses have limited understanding of visual imagery stimuli and its long term influence and effect...

Millions of people will and do respond as Albert did.

Everyone knows smoking kills. Does it stop most smokers? Of course not. Why would they be negatively influenced by the fate of a ficticious character?
                              Point is, they react as predicted. stimuli/response. And product moves.

Scriptwriters are advised to build into plotlines what is necessary to satisfy those that pay a million or so for the desired image and effect with their products in major theatrical release films.

Comment

Working...
                              X