New Law reguarding soda sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Law reguarding soda sales

Why is it that the state always makes and passes laws that are not enforced?
    On Dec. 1st 2004 ...all soda sales in public schools were to be cut by 80%. I work in a public school on the Big Island and no cuts have been made. I think the moneies lost from soda sales will be so great that the DOE looks the other way....if that's the case repeal the law.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: New Law reguarding soda sales

It's probably more cost effective to label kids hyped up on sugar and caffiene "ADD" and make the parents pay for the meds.
    I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Re: New Law reguarding soda sales

Well, getting rid of junk food might be good for the kids' health, but it creates a substantial shortfall for funding extracurriular programs, particularly athletics. In order to make up that shortfall, schools will either have to stop sponsoring extracurricular activities or resort to more student fundraisers, like sweet bread sales. I remember those from small kid time. How many loaves did my parents have to buy from me so I could meet my quota??

Besides, the kids are collecting those soda cans, getting the nickle apiece and paying for school trips, etc. so maybe the state realizes that it can't afford to disallow those vending machines.

You're right, though, if the State doesn't intend to enforce the rule, then it should get rid of that rule.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X