Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

news flash; babies come clean. no H for toddlers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• news flash; babies come clean. no H for toddlers!

This is VERY weird:
    front page advertiser, shows 5 year old kids in school chowing down on haagen das ice cream. Why? as a reward for renouncing the use of firearms and crystal methamphetamine.
    I certainly hope many of these kids, afterwards tugged on the teacher's hem and asked: "teacher, what is firearms and crystal methahoochygiddysplotty!?"
    very strange. Who thinks these things up?!

Like teaching sex ed, to too young kids:
    "OK kids, don't have sex. Don't do the horizontal mambo."
    "Hey! what's that!? Sounds hot. How can I getsum?"

Along similar lines, new Zippy's commercials show employees of all ages beaming with pride as they exclaim "I'm drug free!"

and voiceover tells us Zippy's is proud to support a drug free environment there at their restaurants."
    (which is fairly ironic; I can sit there and with my hamburger, down a quick 4 Heinekens with no problem and leave with a decent buzz.)
    ya know I just never had a problem with tweaking cranked out waitresses before...
    and hey; If the waitstaff are in the back, occasionally packin' their beaks, maybe we won't havta wait so long between empty and full beers!
    besides, what are they saying:
    They were drug expensive before these commercials came out?
    That everyone was strung out on pakalolo and doing lines on the cutting board previous to these tv spots?

just as long as "they" extend SOME effort, no matter how misdirected, it is politically correct and they have performed the requisite.
    Quite bizzarre.

je'like when yer at yer favorite watering hole, sucken umup. You wobble over to the men's room, and while at the urinal, next to that big mothball yer splashin down on a plastic screen that reads "Just say NO to drugs"
    haaa.
    and then head back and tell my favorite bartender, who is busy there pushing the last legal drug in america, to set me and my friends up with one more for the road.
    Last edited by kimo55; February 26, 2005, 09:25 AM.

Re: news flash; babies come clean. no H for toddlers!

Originally posted by kimo55
    front page advertiser, shows 5 year old kids in school chowing down on haagen das ice cream. Why? as a reward for renouncing the use of firearms and crystal methamphetamine.
    I certainly hope many of these kids, afterwards tugged on the teacher's hem and asked: "teacher, what is firearms and crystal methahoochygiddysplotty!?"
    very strange. Who thinks these things up?!
    Eh, KIMO! Unfortunately, kids that young knows whats happening. I know of a former ice addict whose four year-old saw one commercial and said. "das wat my mommy somkes!" She quit and has a very good job today and telling her story to mothers out there strung out on ice,crank,crack,lines, etc.

Yeah, I support giving the kids ice cream, got to start somewhere cause the other things their doing sure ain't helping. Yesterday, they announced a new stronger MRI machine to check whats up with babies of ice mothers...the politicians should use it to check their heads first! Lame Ducks!

Somebody get me an invitation to any of them...and I'll show them how to eradicate so fast and make a plan that makes sense and is attainable!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Heh. I think they were trying to ride on the successful coattails of the "stop smoking" campaign, which, actually has helped cut the number of kids who smoke. Of course, the biggest deterent to kids' smoking is making the price of a pack of ciggies so expensive that kids have to debate whether to buy that pack of ciggies at almost $6 up here v. getting a good meal at McD or buying that gas for their car.

I do find it pretty creepy that the adults think they have to use Pavlovian techniques to get their point across to these kids, though.

But you're right Kimo. If you have to resort to tricking kids with treats, then maybe they're too young to understand the implications of those things that are "hazardous to their health". Besides, full fat ice cream is not healthy!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Eh, KIMO! Unfortunately, kids that young knows whats happening.

yes. and that is what I am lamenting:

too many kids know of this and the others, learn of it too early by being around it and through the so called education in school.

(and what I am futile-ly wishing is the utopian scenario wherein NO kids near this age are cognizant of these dangers...)
        Last edited by kimo55; February 26, 2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          yes. and that is what I am lamenting:

too many kids know of this and the others, learn of it too early by being around it and through the so called education in school.

ooooOOOOOOPPPPPsssssss, I'm sorry. I apologize.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            If you have to resort to tricking kids with treats, then maybe they're too young to understand the implications of those things that are "hazardous to their health". Besides, full fat ice cream is not healthy!

Miulang

yo.
            and Haagen Das for 5 year olds?!
            I mean if this program is widepspread, we can save millions in tax dollars by handing them scoops of foremost or meadow gold ice cream.
            Or are the kindergarteners so picky even there too?
            What do "they" think the kids actually say:
            "Hey! This is a cheap israeli knockoff! I want that Glock and Sig Sauer I ordered! And this coke!? It's stepped on! Instant nosebleed! You promised pure uncut Peruvian! And if I publicly renounce these habits, I want the best "A" list yummies! No low end frozen dairy products"

uh oh. I see a reality TV show in the works, here.
            Last edited by kimo55; February 26, 2005, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X