Dying with dignity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying with dignity

When a love one is suffering from a incurable illness should he or she be able to die with dignity through physician assisted suicide?

IMO... I feel that prolonging the suffering is cruel and sick. I mean life is a wonderful thing ...but terminal suffering is not...I'd do it...because hospital bills are an outrage and to un burden my love ones.

What do you think?
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Dying with dignity

Dying with Dignity? Wow! Where do I start? Ahhhh....Late last year, I was diagnosed of being schizzoaffective. The accumilation of stress of having three kids in the Military, being in the War Zone at the same time, almost losing one twice in Iraq, my personal woes and love life had taken it's toll. Before losing my mind I wanted to kill myself! I would have succeeded if not for a very good friend, Officer Danny Sellers of HPD. I was misdiagnosed, my grandson was born, my son and daughter are getting married to their special honey's and my love life has found new meaning...and I still have my 80 yr. old MAMA.

My late husband of 20 years died at the age of 47 yrs. old of Lou Gerigh's Disease in 1997. He loved life and was an excellent husband and father. He didn't want to die but accepted his faith from GOD. I found out what would happen during the course of the disease. They said three years he would live. They lied...it was only 1 1/2 years. He deteriorated so very fast that I contacted the Agency to help in assisting to end a LIFE. I couldn't bare seeing him in pain. I remember given a several doctor's names who could help me in my quest. Somehow, I didn't cause it wasn't up to me to decide. It wasn't the fact that it was and still is against the law, it is against one of GOD'S COMMANDMENTS, "Thou Shalt Not Kill"! Yet, with all he was going through, he was always smiling and had a cheerful outlook in everything. Tube feeding and Trech didn't stop this brave man from the inevitable to occur which was Death on GOD'S schedule.

Dying with Dignity? I'm glad I didn't commit suicide. As for my late husband, he had a glimpse to what was ahead so he had become impatient in the end. He kept pointing upwards and when he took his final breath of LIFE, his eyes were facing the door, looking upwards. One could feel the presence in which took him up to heaven to be with GOD! What better way, than that kind of DIGNITY with the LORD!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I checked back on this thread and I'm glad I did. I am in pain not only physically but mentally too. More so the past couple of days. My previous post made more sense now than when I wrote it. I must not give up, no matter how much pain and suffering I may go through. My life is not mine to take. The only difference is that I ask to die with dignity and respect.

Having Mental Illness does not give me the guarantee that I will have them, as it was definitely the case, when I was at Kaiser Permanente. How unfortunate that so many of my fellow sufferers can not speak out as I can. How unfortunate that the normal ones can not understand what really goes on in the minds of the mentally ill.

Dignity and Respect? I guess it depends where you find yourself taking your last breath.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

And don't forget what you ate too. Dying with dignity is one thing, crapping corn at the point of death is another. I like the Bruce Willis approach: Hit the detonator while sitting on the nuclear bomb to blow up the killer asteroid heading towards Earth. Now that's dramatic and no tell tale DNA cuz you're totally vaporized!

It's funny how a person's threads can get bizzare when it's after 2am. But I gotta blame Muilang for that because I had to make a pot of coffee with that coffee grinder she gave me a while back! Eh Miulang...mahalo again and I'm pissed off at you right now because I'm wide awake yet the brain is getting foggy! Oh crap that's another thread, sorry
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          And don't forget what you ate too. Dying with dignity is one thing, crapping corn at the point of death is another. I like the Bruce Willis approach: Hit the detonator while sitting on the nuclear bomb to blow up the killer asteroid heading towards Earth. Now that's dramatic and no tell tale DNA cuz you're totally vaporized!

It's funny how a person's threads can get bizzare when it's after 2am. But I gotta blame Muilang for that because I had to make a pot of coffee with that coffee grinder she gave me a while back! Eh Miulang...mahalo again and I'm pissed off at you right now because I'm wide awake yet the brain is getting foggy! Oh crap that's another thread, sorry
          Hehhehheh. Eh Craig, I was wondering how come you were up so late Wat, you neva hear of DECAF kope? No blame me for your insomnia, yeah? I wen go put one gun to your head and tell you to go drink kope in da middle of da night??? And no go tell too many peeps about Ke'eau, OK? Oddawise, no can buy land there either! Da price going be too takae for me to buy more den one postage stamp piece of ground.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X