All this freakin' snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this freakin' snow

Last night hubby and I were watching Ladder 49 on DVD. It was snowing mad out and all of a sudden we hear this low roar! My husband didn't know what the heck was going on at first then all of a sudden, loud thunder!! In all his life living in MA., my husband said that he has never heard thunder during a snow storm! crap.....only in new england!

....getting tired of all this snow...
    Lovena

Re: All this freakin' snow

I've always thought it would be cool to be out while its snowing. I been in the stuff, just not while it was falling from the sky. I dunno I guess it gets tired after awhile.

Comment

I can't stand snow. It's cold, when it melts it gets all slushy, and it's cold, and it piles up and blocks the street, and did I mention that it's cold, too? It seems really unnatural to me that sometimes snow will fall and just sit there on the ground, and not melt at all. Why isn't it melting? Oh yeah, it's too damned cold!!

Comment

You mean it doesn't just fall like wispy pieces of cotton? So is it better to be hot and dress down to get cool, or cold and dress up to be warm?

Comment

its gotta be better to dress down. Snow might be fun for those who have never been around it, but only for a while. It really is a pain in the ass. first of all you have to realize that in order to get snow it has to be really cold. not to mention vehicles get stuck in it and the wind blows it in ur face which really sucks. the only thing snow is good for is snowboarding. thats only if you have some mountains. In ND, its completely flat. Then it gets hardened to the roads and gets pretty slippery. wearing a bunch of clothes that get uncomfortable and then u walk into a warm building and now you're too hot. So y gotta take some clothes off only to put them back on again when you leave. But I guess you get use to it.

Comment

I'll trade you for some cool weather! It's hardly mid-March and we'll be closing in on 80º tomorrow. It should be rainy and mid-50's.

You can keep the snow, but I'll trade ya for some cool temps, or an air conditioner
            Greg

Comment

Yea, I'd love some of that cool weather. I'm pretty tired of all this snow. It was fine at first, especially when the kids were young and they loved to go out and play in the snow. The oldest has been figure skating since she was young so I've also spent many, many years (and volunteer time) in cold ice rinks. What really sucks though, is shoveling snow. Several weeks ago it wasn't too bad as the snow was light and fluffy and easy for me to push. But this past week's storm left some heavy stuff and I got tired quickly when shoveling.
              Lovena

Comment

i'm from the east coast but i'm from the south (south carolina). we're lucky if it snows once a year. it's 52 right now and the high tomorrow is supossed to be low 40's. i'm ready for summer though. i'm ready to go to the beach.

Comment

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE GOING DOWN TOWN NEXT SEASON

colts will devour em
                  Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
                    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE GOING DOWN TOWN NEXT SEASON

colts will devour em
                    ...and that has to do with snow how?

When I moved from Michigan to CA some years ago we had sub freezing temps, 2 feet of dirty snow on the ground, no sun, no precip, just gloomy days one after another for 18 straight days. I don't think humans were meant to live like that.

Here we live at 2100 feet elevation in South Kona, it's perfect. It rarely gets over 75 degrees and the mornings are sunny and the afternoons are cloudy and cool, just what coffee likes. It can get a little chilly (55 degrees) at night in the winter. That’s with no furnace, so we have plenty of blankets.

We rented in Kona for a while at 400 feet elevation before we bought the farm. Even with that relatively small difference in elevation the comfort level was noticeable from down on the beach.

It's all about elevation here in Hawaii you can find your comfort zone by going mauka or staying at sea level if you are cold blooded.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

I'm new to HawaiiThreads, so I'm just seeing this post, but I wanted to tell you that I know EXACTLY which storm you were talking about! I live in MA too (6 years now), and remember thinking that it couldn't be thundering AND snowing! Wild stuff! Thank god it's finally summer....

Comment

Working...
                      X