McDonald's may outsource drive-thru calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's may outsource drive-thru calls

The world's largest fast-food chain said on Thursday it is looking into using remote call centers to take customer orders in an effort to improve service at its drive-thrus.

"If you're in L.A. ... and you hear a person with a North Dakota accent taking your order, you'll know what we're up to,'' McDonald's Chief Executive Jim Skinner told analysts at the Bear Stearns Retail, Restaurants & Apparel Conference in New York.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ra/P111874.asp
    Somehow, I don't think somebody in North Dakota would be able to take orders in Hawai'i, especially out in the country where the pidgin is really heavy. It would be like a real-life Rap Reiplinger "Room Service" skit, except in reverse.

Re: McDonald's may outsource drive-thru calls

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Somehow, I don't think somebody in North Dakota would be able to take orders in Hawai'i, especially out in the country where the pidgin is really heavy. It would be like a real-life Rap Reiplinger "Room Service" skit, except in reverse.
    ooooOOh did you just say, "especially out in the country"? Pidgin really heavy? Braddah Glen, never underestimate country people! It's not fair to judge any particular place anywhere as being hard to understand...or as you say, real-life Rap Reiplinger "Room Service" skit!

And where exactly where are you referring to anyways?
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh, you know, like Kaua'i. I can never understand their pidgin.

Comment

And who's underestimating anybody? I'm just saying that their pidgin is so thick that mainland haoles would have a hard time understanding them.

Comment

And who's underestimating anybody? I'm just saying that their pidgin is so thick that mainland haoles would have a hard time understanding them.
          You're right! Kauai is country? I thought it was an island? Koloa, Kekaha, Waimea, Poipu, Hanapepe, etc.

Hmmmm...got family and friends from there and still there who uhh, don't speak any Pidgin. Infact, two aunties taught English. High school and College. Also, a cousin who is the Dean of Admission at a well known University on the West Coast. Yep, Kauai is country.

Have a wonderful and safe evening.

Comment

It's already happening up here. I think some McDs in Cali have their "customer service" order takers in Colorado. They're going to be putting a WA state call center in Montana. It's because labor is cheap in some places (that's why some high tech companies thought they could outsource customer service center jobs to India...and why some of them have closed those call centers down because the Indians couldn't understand the nuances of the American pushy customers' demands).

Speaking of McDs, I tried one of their special "Teriburgers" the other day on Maui. YUCK! The "teri sauce" is way too sweet.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang
              (that's why some high tech companies thought they could outsource customer service center jobs to India...and why some of them have closed those call centers down because the Indians couldn't understand the nuances of the American pushy customers' demands).

Speaking of McDs, I tried one of their special "Teriburgers" the other day on Maui. YUCK! The "teri sauce" is way too sweet.

Miulang
              Yep, I probably was one of the customers calling Microsoft or Verizon when I first got my computer and had ukupila problems.

Miulang, how come you neva come visit on Oahu? I would have cooked you anything you wanted...better than McTeri's. I assume you were there when the fire destroyed one of Maui's Landmarks?

Getting back to the thread...Maui is County too Glen.

Comment

It would be like a real-life Rap Reiplinger "Room Service" skit, except in reverse.
                "Now, did you want now da hamburga dee-lux with cheese on da top or one cheeseburga dee-lux?"

"I'd like a cheeseburger deluxe."

"And would you like that with or without cheese?"

"With!"

"Oh wow, Russell, dis guy givin' me heat!"

"Slap his head!!"

--Rap Reiplinger, Hawaii Comic Genius
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  I assume you were there when the fire destroyed one of Maui's Landmarks?
                  Ah Fook Supermarket burned down on Sunday. I got to Maui on Monday, but they were still putting water on the building (it was still smoldering).Sad to see that landmark burned down. They say they're going to rebuild, though.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Ah Fook Supermarket burned down on Sunday. I got to Maui on Monday, but they were still putting water on the building (it was still smoldering).Sad to see that landmark burned down. They say they're going to rebuild, though.

Miulang
                    Glad to hear they will be rebuilding. As for your next visit to the islands...please include Oahu. I would love to meet you in person and give you my version of an all around island tour of Oahu! The good, the bad and the UGLY! Nah, only Joke. Only the good!

Tita Lynn

Comment

Working...
                    X