Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration

AMD is the leading cause of blindness in older people, according to 3 studies. If you have ohana who are older and who start complaining about their vision getting fuzzy, please make sure you take them to get their eyes examined.

Depending on the type of AMD (wet or dry) they have, they could be prescribed a medication that might save their vision.

Both my parents have been diagnosed with AMD (the dry type, for which there is no medication right now), and life, for them, is less than optimal because eyeglasses can't correct the condition. Taking zinc supplements and vitamins E, C and A have been shown to help some AMD patients.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Aloha Miulang, Mahalo for the information. My MAMA was sitting in the living room and I just asked her how was her eyes and how long since she went to the eye doctor. MAMA said, "long time blurry, how many years I neva go eye doctor? Too long!" "Why you asking so much questions now, let me watch my programs..." I replied with laughter, "BLURRY, yeah right!"

Have a great Aloha Friday and safe and wonderful weekend everybody!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
    X