Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinatown police seek camera volunteers

Eh, Aunty Lynn:
    The HPD is looking for volunteers to monitor the Chinatown District for illegal activities. How does that sound to you? They have some security cameras installed in parts of the district, but no one to watch them for suspicious activity.

I also read last week when I was in the 'aina that the police at that station were concerned working in that building because of asbestos and mold upstairs. Hmmm...Would that put the volunteers at risk too?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Chinatown police seek camera volunteers

Aloha Miulang! They would never let me volunteer to watch the cameras at the Chinatown Sub-Station, my mouth wouldn't stop from catching everything illegal. Chinatown is my personal War Zone. I've asked many times to be on a task force, help initiate a plan that would work but nobody takes me seriously. The only time is when they really want somebody or something is amiss, they call me. Other than that, I'm what they call not credible. However, that doesn't stop me from continuing in the fight against Drugs and Illegal activities. I will check it out and go personally. I already know what my Hanai sons and daughters will do...LAUGH and I will laugh along with them too. Nah, they know they can count on me anytime, on my time now.

Things are different. I take care of MAMA, Antonio and now Mark. I still make my daily checks of Chinatown for updates in my Blogg. I've come to realize that even if they get rid of Larry,Joe or Johnny, somebody else will eventually take their place. Chinatown and places like it will never ever be free from Illegal and Drug Activities. However, we, as a community can fight and continue fighting it and maybe just maybe it will be eradicated. To give up is to give up on life itself.

Yeah, I heard about the Asbestos thing. I pray all the Officers are ok. What I can't understand is they renovated the whole building from the inside out. Like a skeleton. This was only several years ago. How did asbestos get in the ceiling when it's a new ceiling? Weird. Ohhh, maybe was one of Harris's construction friends.heheheheh
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 13, 2005, 09:01 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

"The HPD is looking for volunteers to monitor the Chinatown District for illegal activities. How does that sound to you?"

I wouldn't help bust my friends even if I don't approve of what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        "The HPD is looking for volunteers to monitor the Chinatown District for illegal activities. How does that sound to you?"

I wouldn't help bust my friends even if I don't approve of what they're doing.
        You might as well buy a wreath for them. It's not about "busting them"...it's about "SAVING" their lives! If you don't approve, start fixing the problem. I want to volunteer but I'm better used in other ways even if it can cost me my life. Yeah, Auntie Lynn of Chinatown has many disguises. One of them is saving lives and helping to eradicate the problem! Not sitting on my okole and saying, "no like busting my friends!"

Comment

Miulang, belated mahalos for the link. I clicked it on and instead of going to the "Police looking for Volunteers...," I began reading what Mayor Mufi decided to stop from happening. My eyes focused on Chinatown. $159,126 scrapped for Anti Crime Securiy Cameras Phase V, Street Lighting $ 54,380 and a Designer Built Field at Aala Park for $ 410,400. I can understand the Designer Field, the homeless sleeping there would get awfully mad.

Anti Crime Security Camera's and better Street Lighting scrapped? Any special interests here to not see whats happening? Hmmm...I wonder, just wonder if I really do ask to volunteer to monitor the cameras, they would let me. Police Chief Correa, Maj. Lima, Lt. Green, I am asking Publicly to volunteer for the better of my community to monitor the cameras. Give me two weeks...I would make a difference than any of you thought posssible. Sorry Danny, I just about had it!

PROMISES, PROMISES don't work no moa!
          Last edited by 1stwahine; March 14, 2005, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I took my daily drive through Chinatown. Had dinner and thought about volunteering, I sent an email to inquire. Problem is the email didn't go through...the email address I get is hpd@honolulu.pd.org.. It always worked before. Hmmm...maybe they blocked my emails! heheheheheh

I'm going to call tomarrow to find out the requirements, times, etc. I'm using an alias cause if I use my real name, they'll think I'm joking. Bumby Chinatown and the surrounding areas going get to much clean.

Good night everybody! Get well Pzarquon!

Before I submitted this post, I checked the email address again. Oooops, I'm not suppose to have a period after org. It got through. Now, I wait.

Comment

"It's not about "busting them"...it's about "SAVING" their lives!"

Getting someone thrown in HCCC or Halawa is NOT going to save their life.

Comment

"It's not about "busting them"...it's about "SAVING" their lives!"

Getting someone thrown in HCCC or Halawa is NOT going to save their life.
                Albert, some addicts learn from different ways of "Saving dem!" Incarceration is a wake up call for some. Other's come to want to quit when they had enough or hit rock bottom. In the mean time families and friends are suffering. I know personally how it hurts to see a loved one trapped in the life of ICE, & Coke...(http://www.hawaiistories.com/lynn)

If need be, I would have a friend or relative thrown in HCCC or Halawa if I felt it would "SAVE" dem. Wait, I have done that countless of times and would not blink an eye to do it again.

The best part of it all, is when they come out, become productive citizens again and look for you to thank you even for just a brief moment without any fanfare, awards or recognition. That, Albert is what it boils down to, TOUGH LOVE! Some make it, some don't...we who care and love them must not give up.

Comment

"The best part of it all, is when they come out, become productive citizens again"

Rubbish. Putting people in prison for drug addiction is a totally losing solution.

I don't know what the solution is, but that isn't it.

[it should be OCCC ... how could I have forgotten my friends who talk about their time in "o-triple-C" while lighting their glass pipes?]

Comment

"The best part of it all, is when they come out, become productive citizens again"

Rubbish. Putting people in prison for drug addiction is a totally losing solution.

I don't know what the solution is, but that isn't it.

[it should be OCCC ... how could I have forgotten my friends who talk about their time in "o-triple-C" while lighting their glass pipes?]
                    The solution is doing something about it! Next time you see your friends with glass pipes...break um! and if you get da olos to save them, call HPD. I hope when one of your friends dies you won't say, "I should have done something!" I've been to many funerals of people I knew on the street who just couldn't get it...they left behind people who loved them who also didn't know what the solution was. I want to get you so Mad, that you will find a solution or be part of one to eradicate this ugliness thats eating away and destroying our family and friends. No one is safe, not even you.

Comment

"I hope when one of your friends dies you won't say, "I should have done something!""

One did. I wish I could've helped him. But I am absolutely certain that sending him to prison would NOT have done it.

Comment

"I hope when one of your friends dies you won't say, "I should have done something!""

One did. I wish I could've helped him. But I am absolutely certain that sending him to prison would NOT have done it.
                        I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately you still don't get it. It's not only sending someone to prison, everybody is different. The bottom line is, it is illegal and killing them. We can only push them in the right direction, be there should they falter and help them again. It has to come from their heart to quit. Dear Albert, go eat an early lunch at L&L today...they have a contest too. Take out your frustrations there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Unfortunately you still don't get it.
                          I'd like to respectfully suggest that, given his particular situation and lengthy first-hand experience, Albert should be allowed to express his opinion without retribution, as should all of us here.
                          I'd hope that everyone here can agree to disagree at times without taking it personally. The best discussions on the internet are those that address the message and not the messenger.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            Albert should be allowed to express his opinion without retribution, as should all of us here.

what you said!

the "Unfortunately you still don't get it." is something that never works and serves to do nothing more than cause divisiveness, with its unfortunate implied air of superiority.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              I'd like to respectfully suggest that, given his particular situation and lengthy first-hand experience, Albert should be allowed to express his opinion without retribution, as should all of us here.
                              I'd hope that everyone here can agree to disagree at times without taking it personally. The best discussions on the internet are those that address the message and not the messenger.
                              If you had read from the beginning of the thread you would have seen why I care so much on this topic. I respect other people's opinions after all this is America. How about respecting mine...MYOB!

Infact when you're online, I get off!
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; March 16, 2005, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X