Car Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Ads

For those of you old enough to remember ads for cars always used to show gas mileage city and highway, this helped consumers worried about the cost of fuel.
    Nowdays it's style and power...no worry if my truck or SUV gets about 10 miles to the gallon. Auwe! How times have changed.
    How you figga?
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Car Ads

I don't know about you, but I still see lots of MPG figures highlighted in car ads. I mean, sure, you've got the Dodge "Macho For Men" ads, and those ridiculous Hummer H2 ads, but lots of people, especially with gas prices today, are concerned about mileage. Honda makes its cars' mileage a centerpiece of their ads, and considering their strength in selling hybrid cars, they've got a lot to crow about.

A coworker of mine recently traded in a gargantuan Chevy for a practically diminutive Toyota pickup, specifically because gas was costing so much. There are ads that are going for the emotional sell, but fortunately there are ads and cars for when people come to their senses, as well!

Comment

I wouldn't put too much faith in those mileage results posted on the car stickers, though. Those MPG figures were derived in a lab under "ideal" conditions. That's why when you finally roll off the show room floor with that new car, you might be a little concerned with how much gas you're using if you just relied on the MPG sticker (in fact, in small print underneath those numbers, there's a little disclaimer: "Your mileage may vary").

I was supposed to be getting about 24 MPG on the freeway with my Murano, but I'm really getting about 19.2 MPG, which is still better than the Pathfinder I used to have. I'm sure I could kick up the MPG by using premium gas, but it's not worth the extra money per gallon to do so.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Eh Miulang you baby!!! Nah nah nah!!! Okay how you figgah getting "About" 19.2 MPG? About means...oh around 19 gallons per mile so technically if you goin be accurate down to the tenths of a gallon it should be my Murano gets exactly 19.2 MPG or you could say about 19 MPG.

Kinda like saying: It's exactly 7pm give or take a minute or so...then it's not exactly 7pm...it's oh....about 7pm give or take a minute or so.

Or...Craig just shut the F@#$K up instead of: Craig I think you should mind your own business. You can "think" all you want but until you tell me, I cannot read your mind to shut the F@#$K up, so I'll assume that's what you are thinking...hmmm but then again it's dangerous to assume as you know what happens when you assume...

Have a nice day BTW need more Kona beans?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          Eh Miulang you baby!!! Nah nah nah!!! Okay how you figgah getting "About" 19.2 MPG? About means...oh around 19 gallons per mile so technically if you goin be accurate down to the tenths of a gallon it should be my Murano gets exactly 19.2 MPG or you could say about 19 MPG.

Kinda like saying: It's exactly 7pm give or take a minute or so...then it's not exactly 7pm...it's oh....about 7pm give or take a minute or so.

Or...Craig just shut the F@#$K up instead of: Craig I think you should mind your own business. You can "think" all you want but until you tell me, I cannot read your mind to shut the F@#$K up, so I'll assume that's what you are thinking...hmmm but then again it's dangerous to assume as you know what happens when you assume...

Have a nice day BTW need more Kona beans?
          Hah! I say "about 19.2 miles" because sometimes I get "19.1 miles/gallon" , although with most fillups I get 19.2 gallons, das why! It depends on how many short trips I take between fillups (mostly I just commute to and from work, which is about 50 miles total every day, and it's mostly highway).

So where you been, anyway? Too busy working at that orange box store? Nah, no need Kona yet. I tink we going come to da Big Island in Sept. and go look for one building lot, though. My kane like be one farmer, too.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X