Has being PC gone too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has being PC gone too far?

The other day I was watching the news and it was reported that some shopping
    malls are not having Easter bunnies...but "Garden" bunnies or just bunnies. They also reported that Easter egg hunts are now being called just "egg hunts" .

What the hell is going on!? This past Christmas season people were putting up "Holiday Trees" and did you notice how a lot of people don't say "Merry Christmas"?I kept hearing "Happy Holidays". I even heard of a town in Colorado where this year they had a "HOLIDAY" parade and banned a church group from having a float because they were going to sing Christmas carols like "Silent Night" and "Away in the Manger"...but they let a gay pride group march.

Have people become so uptight that we can't express religious beliefs in public anymore? I mean holidays like Easter, Good Friday, and Christmas have meaning and it should be PC.

Aloha
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Has being PC gone too far?

Originally posted by alohabear
    The other day I was watching the news and it was reported that some shopping
    malls are not having Easter bunnies...but "Garden" bunnies or just bunnies. They also reported that Easter egg hunts are now being called just "egg hunts" .

It's not politically correct. Cuz it ain't politicial and it certainly aint correct. It is paranoia. It is catering to all the jerks who want to comandeer our society. and alter it to their own warped ends. We are being held hostage and the cost is the way we used to live. And i will not buy into it. Especially by validating it with a label: "PC"

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      This past Christmas season people were putting up "Holiday Trees" and did you notice how a lot of people don't say "Merry Christmas"?I kept hearing "Happy Holidays".
      It's getting ri-god-damn-diculous!

Every time someone said "Happy Holidays" to me, I purposely and deliberately replied with "No, Merry Christmas"...and I'll do it again next year, and the year after that, and...
      Greg

Comment

Happy Easter to all and Merry Christmas in another 9 months.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

happy horrordays and mary xmas!

Comment

Yep Happy Easter and if you don't like it...start your own holiday! Leave tradition alone.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              start your own holiday! Leave tradition alone.

...festivus!

Comment

Happy Spring Equinox (tomorrow)! May the ether bunny leave you many ovoid objects in your basket next Sunday.

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; March 19, 2005, 05:54 AM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Happy Spring Equinox (tomorrow)! May the ether bunny leave you many ovoid objects in your basket next Sunday.

Miulang

hoohaa!
                  Oh, I avoid this holiday!

Comment

Which reminds me of a question I could never figure out. All you Christians out there, could you give me a hand? Why is it called Good Friday? I mean, it doesn't sound like a very good day to me when somebody gets crucified.

Comment

Good question, I don't have the answer but I remember that the rest of the days of the week starts with Palm Sunday (which is today I think), then Holy Monday, Holy Tuesday, Holy Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday.

For Roman Catholic they had services for Holy Thursday at night, I am not sure of Monday and Tuesday night services but I think there was a good chance they had services for Wednesday night but Good Friday was during the mid-day.

Comment

I think "Good Friday" is derived from "God's Friday" (or Gottes Freitag--auf Deutsch).
                        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

It's always good to be Friday...now Mondays should be called "Bad Mondays", Tuesdays should be called "Whatever, it's Tuesday", Wednesday is "Humpday", Thursday is "I think I should get some work done Thursday", and Friday is actually "POETS" day (Piss On Everything Tomorrow's Saturday),
                          Saturday and Sunday is "Party Time"!!

But what makes Tuesday the best day of em all is the fact that on any Tuesday, you've got six more days before the next Monday. On Friday's you only got three.

But back to PC...
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                          X