Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertiser Building: Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertiser Building: Another one bites the dust.

kiss goodbye another aspect of "old Hawaii"

gannett, who owns the advertiser plans on redeveloping the old landmark building on kapiolani.

auwe!
    Damn mainland corporations!
    Last edited by kimo55; March 18, 2005, 08:45 AM.

Re: another one bites the dust

Now dat's PUPULE!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: another one bites the dust

Sad. Very sad.

Comment

Re: Advertiser Building: Another one bites the dust.

Such a dignified, elegant building in a perfect location. Those lolos will probably put up some generic concrete monstrosity in its place. Why even come back home when I probably won't recognize it anymore???? Oh right. Liliha Bakery hasn't been closed yet...

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo
          Such a dignified, elegant building in a perfect location. Those lolos will probably put up some generic concrete monstrosity in its place. Why even come back home when I probably won't recognize it anymore???? Oh right. Liliha Bakery hasn't been closed yet...

'round heah nowdyas, we don't blink!

over the weekend, it closed down and the edifice was yuppiefied and now we have a jambajuice/starblecchs there.

Comment

Guess this is a good a place as any. I have a friend who works for Tony Roma's in Kahala. After many years, their lease is up. Thing is, they're not looking to open up in Kahala. Seems odd, since all their patrons are from in or around the area. They are planning to relocate to Kailua or Kaneohe. So we'll have Waikiki, Pearl Ridge and someplace in KK.

Another one bites the dust!Sssssssshhhhh!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo

Actually, the Advertiser building is protected and cannot be demolished or appear to be changed. What may be altered is the structure that houses the old presses. The primary newspaper building on the corner will remain. No one ever accused Gannett of being sensitive, but they are pretty adamant about counting beans and community involvement, as long as the cash continues to flow. I appreciate the Advertiser, used to work there, have a spouse who works there, consider the newsroom staff my ohana and know that many of them get perplexed when corporate gets weird on them.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
              X