State Holidays in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Holidays in March

Hey. Any state employees out there? What's the state doing about the fact that Prince Kuhio Day and Good Friday fall on the same day this year?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: State Holidays in March

From what I can find, they're just out of luck. One less holiday this year, thanks to that darn moon. Or something.

Comment

You guys are lucky to have all those extra holidays. For the company I work for, our next major holiday would be in May, Memorial Day. Of course, our last major holiday was in January, so that pretty much leaves no time off from January until May.

Comment

i can just imagine all da state workers at da lanikila health center (mental) division, mwh meintenance workers, and all da odda ones with an attitude pist about dis! hahahahahaha

no offense to sum good ones (govt. workers), but most of da ones i've come into contact with or seen working have major attitude problems. dea's no excuse. dea all need to get professional and smile more.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What they did for this year is that we can choose the second holiday on any day within reason. Just need to fill out the leave form and put in a special code for that 2nd holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Hey. Any state employees out there? What's the state doing about the fact that Prince Kuhio Day and Good Friday fall on the same day this year?
            Not always proud state employee here. The union negotiated separate holidays for its members. The Kuhio Day holiday will be observed this friday and the Good Friday holiday will be taken as a "floating" holiday. Each state department (or division, work unit, etc) can decide when to take the holiday as long it is falls within this calendar year.

Comment

Working...
            X