No announcement yet.

Be careful what restaurants you go to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful what restaurants you go to!

i couldn't believe my ears when I heard about a finger being found in a wendy's chili bowl. made me sick even more! yuk! they found the finger, now have to find where it got in?

being a cook, i can not emphasize how important it is for an establishment to being clean and up-to-date with health requirements and standards. please make sure that the establishment that you choose to take your family to go kaukau, is excellent in all aspects of the above.

ooh! happy good friday everyone. i'm being good.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Be careful what resturants you go to...

That's messed up. I'm sure they're chili must be pre-packed, but still yet at the packing plant someone had to lose a finger. Maybe they thought if they cooked it long enough it would just dissolve or something?

Comment

yeah, and they would call it chile-con-finga! hahahaha
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah I was reading some of the online articles... they're kinda funny. "...new meaning to finger food", "the finger was well-cooked and it wasn't decomposed so there's no chance of getting any virus" lol

Comment

This must be a PR nightmare for Wendys. I was just listening to the news on talk radio yesterday about business at Wendy's dropping off due to the negative publicity. I suppose the hoopla will fade eventually and people will be returning to the restaurant.

I read a book about fast food chains. One chapter covers the details of the high strung meat processing plants that have to work hard to keep up the demands of all the fast food chains. Accidents do happen at these plants, and I can see how fingers could end up in the meat. It's very scary, considering human parts could fall in before the grinding process and all that stuff gets mixed in with the ground beef.

I haven't eaten fast food for a very long time now. Something tells me I will not be eating there anytime soon.

Comment

Re: Be careful what restaurants you go to!

Fast food nothing. There are federal guidelines for the proportions of rodent and insect partsthat are allowed in food products, including perfectly innocuous stuff you'd pick up and prepare yourself at the supermarket.

If people really knew everything they were putting in their mouths, they'd starve to death. While I wouldn't be happy to find a finger, at least I'd get my 15 minutes on CNN, and make friends with especially aggressive lawyers and make a buck or two.

Comment

I am kind of wondering what happen to the owner of the finger?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                I am kind of wondering what happen to the owner of the finger?
                she is making the rounds;

Telling her story on Oprah,
                getting counselling on Dr Phil's show,
                signed a three picture deal with Miramax.
                Prentiss Hall and McGraw-Hill vying for rights for her book. Word on the street is, book will be ghostwritten by Michael Crichton or Stephen King.
                Both appropriate.

Comment

Being in the foodservice industry I always look at r the health dept. card that all eating places must display...Green is safe...Yellow is a warning....Red "don't eat".
                  If you ever taken a food handlers safety class you would be amazing at the shocking things that go on "behind the scenes" .
                  A friendly tip.... always be nice to your food server. I've heard in my classes of pissed off employees getting revenge on people who treat them rude.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

According the CNN website, the person who reported finding the finger in the chili has been arrested for attempting grand theft in connection to this event.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      ...grand theft in connection to this event.
                      The connection was at the knuckle.

Boy, did she give us the finger.

Comment

A teen ate leftover rice and noodles. Hours later, doctors amputated his legs and fingers (msn.com)

This makes you don't want to eat Chinese food leftovers.

Comment

Restaurants plead for patience as angry customers act out | News | kitv.com

I would do a Walkoff when I have to wait too long. No Balk. There's no service charge.

Comment

Health Department shuts down Meatheads food truck in Kakaako | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

Meatheads, Meatheads, Rolly, Polly, Meatheads.

Comment

Working...
                            X