Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm getting da jitters for air travel, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm getting da jitters for air travel, help!

aloha everybody! this may sound silly to some but i need help. i'm not a first time traveler. i've traveled to philippines, taipei, guam, california, arizona, just to name a few. thing is, i haven't traveled since 1997, since my late husband passed away. i'm scared shitless and can't take anymore pills to calm me down. i've tried hot herbal tea, relaxation tapes, even a shot of crown royal too. nothings working. i'm suppose to try out @ 4:00 pm. today for a choir but my voice is shaky too.

ETD 10:00 pm.

i'm taking an ambien when i go on the plane so that will knock me out. in th meantime i'm messed up...then again i'm Auntie Lynn, aka Auntie Pupule!

any suggestions?
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 26, 2005, 11:49 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: i'm getting da jitters for air travel, help!

You going be safe. No hilahila. Just tink about da fun you going get when you get to LV. You going get one window seat? More better if you cannot see outside, although going be nighttime when you cross da Pacific, so if you take da Ambien (if da doctor wen say was OK for you to take dat), den you should sleep right through until you get to McCarran tomorrow morning.

Have a great time ova dere! Bus' da bank foa us!

Malama pono,
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

just got up form a fast nap...probably the crown royal. my son-inlaw brought antonio and he calmed me down.

heheheheh, ambien is prescribed by the doctor. don't worry, i'm bringing the dapakotes, lithium and plavix too. oops, lucky thing, almost forgot my imitrex nasal spray for migraines.

yeah, muilang, i hope and pray I broke da bank!
      bye everybody...talk story wen I get back!

i love you all,

aunty lynn (aka auntie pupule)

Comment

Hi everyone! Just me again at the airport waiting to board my plane at gate 23 for las Vegas! Everything went ok and I'm not nervous anymore. The best part was when we went through the check-in line and the security clearance...they asked me to take off my jacket and shoes. I told the guy,"it been a long time since a man asked me to do that!" the guys got nervous and I went laughing on by security clearance almost forgetting MAMA behind in the wheelchair! Only Aunty Lynn can....

They have this eight seats of computers in the middle by the gates. 15 cents perminute so I better get off cause I don't type fast. I love you all and please take care.

Happy Easter to each and everyone of you!

Comment

"i'm getting da jitters for air travel, help!"

I know whatcha mean.
          Look up inna sky, see that big winged hunka metal slowly going by, ya can't help but wonder:
          "how DOES sumpin sooo heavy, stay up in the air!?"

Comment

I hate flying too.

FWIW, think of it this way. The pilots do not want to die more than you do, so you can count on the flight getting safely to it's destination.

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3
              I hate flying too.

FWIW, think of it this way. The pilots do not want to die more than you do, so you can count on the flight getting safely to it's destination.

Right. One way i allay my flying fears (besides politely demanding a stready stream of successive maitais, heavy on the rum, please)... is consider; IF... it were not safe, they wouldn't throw these things up inna air.

better chance of gettin make, die dead... via many other ways:
              on da city streets.
              Lunch for jaws.
              hit by lightning.
              fall into one volcano.
              dive into the blowhole to impress the girls.
              eating a botulism chili finger.
              getting beat up by aunty.
              slipping on an oily pohaku one day while worshipping.
              etc. etc...
              Last edited by kimo55; March 27, 2005, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Aloha!!!!!! I'm backkkkkkkk! Didn't come home a millionaire (did well).heheheheh I got over the jitters fast and can't wait for a next trip to anywhere else in America. I missed all of you. Got to go check my emails...uka pila's, I got the jitters for dat now! hahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                X