X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not to Donate an Artifact

USS Arizona evacuated
    Rod Ohira, Honolulu Advertiser, Monday, March 28, 2005
    Hundreds of people at the USS Arizona Memorial on a busy Easter Sunday According to Woods, the visitor tried to donate what he thought was an artifact to park officials. Rangers, however, followed standard procedure to ensure the safety of visitors by calling 911 and evacuating the site, Woods said.were evacuated after a visitor presented what appeared to be an old munitions round to park officials...
    Doesn't anyone read Miss Manners anymore? Didn't your mother always say, "If you're going to bring someone a an old munitions round, be sure to call ahead." After all, the only thing more embarassing than showing up unexpectedly with an an old munitions round is if someone else had already brought one, too.

Re: How Not to Donate an Artifact

Person at Gate: "Excuse me sir, I have a World War II memento I would like to donate to the USS Arizona Museum."

Guard: "Um, sir, what did you say?"

Person at Gate: "Well, you see sir, I was cleaning out my house and came across this thing that looks like it might have come from World War II. Since I don't need it anymore, I thought it would be a great thing to give it to the USS Arizona Museum."

Guard: "Um, sir, did you say you have an artifact from World War II in your possession? How can you be sure it's from World War II?"

Person at Gate: "Well, it's kind of rusty and tarnished and I know it was in my house when I first moved in in the 1960's".

Guard: "And where is this artifact from World War II now?"

Person at Gate (whipping out large cardboard box): "Well, here it is, right here in this box."

Guard: "Sir! Put that box down gently! That thing might be dangerous and could go off at any...."

KA-BLAMMO!!!!!!!

Darwin strikes again, unfortunately, with an innocent member of the armed forces getting seriously injured in the incident as well.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X