Going to the dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the dogs

"Pets share our homes and are considered part of our family. As with any family member, when planning our estate, we want to make sure our beloved companion's future is secure."
    Cynthia Keolanui
    Hawaiian Humane Society

I read this story in this morning's Star Bulletin about a bill going through the rounds this session. It will make it possible to leave your estate to your pet.

What a waste of time! Why do we care about this stuff? Our schools are the worse in the country and someone is worrying about pets! Don't get me wrong...I love animals and have many pets that I love dearly...but they are not taxpayers!

Aloha
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Going to the dogs

Our politicians are notorious for having too much free time and too little sense. We have disgraced politicians worried more about dogs than human kids. We have bizarre movements to outlaw eating dogs and cats. And while there are no dogs, the recent proposal to fight fat teachers recently joined the long list of stupid ideas as well.

Rod Tam's "Naps and Snacks" bill from several years back finally has some serious competition for the all-star dunce crown this year.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Rod Tam's "Naps and Snacks " bill ...
      Link for those who don't recall Uncle Roddy's Nap Time bill from 2000 Legislature.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

For the "Snacks" part of the story, link here: $623,752.80 legislative ‘snack fund’ provides some food for, uh, thought
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
        X