Post your camera phone pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your camera phone pics

I know of a great new website for your camera phone pictures taken in Hawaii.

http://www.cam808.com

Send your pics to cam808.shots@tamw.com and they will be posted within minutes. You can practically post anykine pictures taken in Hawaii. Party pics, friend pics, babe pics, beach pics.....anything taken with your camera phone.

Give it a try!

Enjoy!

Re: cam808 - Post your camera phone pics

TextAmerica makes it easy for anyone to set up their own camera phone gallery, of course, but that's a nice layout. There's also Buzznet, which has a anyone-can-post-to-it gallery for Hawaii (just send your image to aloha-hawaii@buzznet.com).

There are easily a dozen other similar services, some with more... liberal content standards than others, some with more features than others. My personal pick is Flickr. Here's my personal cameraphone gallery, and the Hawaii group page.

Comment

I'm looking for "posting your video projects online" sites.

http://www.conversegallery.com

http://www.ifilm.com/shorts

Comment

Flickr has a nice interface, but for free, you can only post 100 photos and after that even though the photos are there, the links to them are gone unless you remember and bookmark every individual URL. They do this in an effort to get you to pay for the service. Nice if you want to pay. Also questionable now since Yahoo just acquired Flickr.

That said, I like BuzzNet. All kinds of pictures and people from all parts of the world. Free accounts don't get their photo URLs lost as users can still click into your archive sections to access all of your photos. I have more than 1,300 pictures on BuzzNet.

On Flickr, I deleted some of my photos with the intention to post new ones there and keep my count under 100. Perhaps under Yahoo's ownership the policy may change.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          Perhaps under Yahoo's ownership the policy may change.
          If Yahoo's treatment of their old Clubs and the transition to Groups is any indication, prepare for Flickr to get worse.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            From Flikr: An eGullet lunch at Helena's Hawaiian Food on N. School St. This is red sea salt and raw onion slices. I never know what we're supposed to do with these two dishes. Besides eat them as-is, of course..
            Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. You pick up an onion slice and press it into the 'alae salt, embedding some of the rock salt into the onion slice. Then you insert the salted onion slice into your mouth, chew and enjoy!
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

thanks mel

for the info on buzznet. yup, pretty good site
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                If Yahoo's treatment of their old Clubs and the transition to Groups is any indication, prepare for Flickr to get worse.
                Yeah, eGroups. And there was Webring, too. I blogged my skepticism about the aquisition last week. That said, at least Yahoo! has much deeper pockets than the small team at Flickr did. Hopefully that'll mean more storage and fewer "massages" (Flickrtalk for downtime), and a better free plan (though the features alone were enough to get me to pony up last year).

Of course, I don't take chances, so I mirror all my cameraphone photos at Textamerica and Buzznet anyway.

Comment

Re: Post your camera phone pics

cam808.com is very liberal....anyone can post their pics within a minute. No approval first.

You can also post cell phone videos on cam808.com

TextAmerica is one of the better ones if you want fast, easy, liberal, simple service.

Comment

Here's some pics I took with my Motorola v300 phone and uploaded them from my phone onto Tmobile's website.

Expect more pics as I get the data cable this week.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

While some (or probably most) of these sites started as cameraphone posting places, I think those like BuzzNet and Flickr have improved by allowing users to post digital pictures of all types, not only phone pix. Frankly while phone pictures are spontaneous, so far the phone pictures that I have seen are not as clear as even the most low end standalone digital camera. Or even film camera prints that have been re-scanned and posted. Today just about any type of camera can be used to post a photo to a number of these sites. I've even posted screenshots from my computer on my BuzzNet site as well as photos taken with those cheap disposable Fuji film camera boxes.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                        Frankly while phone pictures are spontaneous, so far the phone pictures that I have seen are not as clear as even the most low end standalone digital camera.

eh, I take my camcorder almost everywhere for "spontaneous" shots, too.

here is the ol' Magnum Pi.I. estate.
                        http://www.tikitv.com/reel1.html
                        http://www.tikitv.com/reel2.html

Comment

You can send Hawaii videos too captured with your cell phone to www.cam808.com

Regarding image quality: most of the new cell phones are equipped with at least 1MP cameras so the quality shouldn't be an issue in the future. Hell, there are phones with 3MP and 5MP camera modules nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                          X