PDA

View Full Version : What's for lunch - Chapter 4

helen
April 2nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Might as well start a new thread for the start of the 2nd quarter of the year (which was yesterday).

Well today was the gathering at Magic Island. Had rice, mac salad, lumpia, kai bi and chicken skewers. Washed down with a few bottles of water and a can of Mountain Dew Code Red which broke a streak being caffeine free for about 3 weeks.

Albert
April 3rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Roast beef sandwich, potato salad and (cheer!) a big Hebrew National Kosher Dill Pickle which Foodland Ala Moana finally got back in stock.

If you want to be reminded of what "sour" really means, that is definitely the way to go.

EastCoastTropics
April 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Was at the Boston Convention Center for the Gift Show today.....so Clam chowdah and a turkey sandwich from Legal Seafoods...

1stwahine
April 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Chicken w/Paria (bitter melon leaves) soup, hot tea. :)

helen
April 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Black bean chicken, noodles and a can of Mountain Dew (was in my refrig since last month).

hkplayer
April 4th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Happy to post my first luncheon addition...then again, most of my lunches I eat at work here are from home anyways. Today its bok choy, and a chicken stew made with some type of nut I can only pronounce in cantonese, all with rice of course.

Miulang
April 4th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Was at the Boston Convention Center for the Gift Show today.....so Clam chowdah and a turkey sandwich from Legal Seafoods...
Oooh, Lovena! I used to LOOOOOVE eating at Legal Seafoods! Used to hang out at their store on Hampshire St. in Cambridge (dunno if that's even there anymore). And their chowdah definitely is onolicious.

Miulang

helen
April 4th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Polish sausage and water.

1stwahine
April 4th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Helen, das it! Wea you stay? I made Short-ribs Beef Curry today. :)

I'll send PM to you!

helen
April 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Polish sausage and water. Had a cookie later on in the day.

1stwahine
April 5th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Cheeseburger Deluxe from BBQ Hut and a 7up ;)

pzarquon
April 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
http://photos8.flickr.com/8583393_0af96a89ed_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/8583393/)

Combo Box from Aloha Sushi on Nimitz!

1stwahine
April 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Beef Strogonoff and a Pepsi! :)

EastCoastTropics
April 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Oooh, Lovena! I used to LOOOOOVE eating at Legal Seafoods! Used to hang out at their store on Hampshire St. in Cambridge (dunno if that's even there anymore). And their chowdah definitely is onolicious.

Miulang

Dat chowdah was so ono!! They certainly have the best I've ever tasted!

helen
April 6th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Chicken with mushroom sauce, fried rice and a cup of Mountain Dew (was a free lunch, well sort of).

Also munching on a mis-labelled Mars Bar (had a Snickers wrapper to it) and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

1stwahine
April 6th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I'm glad to hear that Helen. Two Mountain Dews? ;)

1stwahine
April 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
bacon sandwich on toast. homemade iced tea no lemon.

campbells chicken noodle soup

ssshhh...nobody in my house can cook. got to eat what Mark gives me!

:mad:

helen
April 7th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Buffet lunch at Marbella.

Kalei99
April 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
OK.....reading all the island foods made me hungry for a taste of home. Made one huge pot of Japanese Chicken Curry Stew. Broke da mouth! Got extra rice left over so I guess I gotta make some spam musubi tomorrow!
....Oh how I miss home..... :(

kimo55
April 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
costco spay shulls;
seafood spread on kwakuhz, chicken pot pies.
honu beer.
(tried dat macho thing ya see in the movies; opened the beer bottle with my teeth;
broke da mouth!)

tarzan
April 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I had KFC lol

-Will

Moto
April 8th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Yesterday was Shoyu Pork at Masa's in Mapunapuna. Good Stuff....

helen
April 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Polish sausage and water from Costco.

1stwahine
April 8th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Homemade LAULAU and da heck with losing weight! A can of Pepsi. :)

Kalei99
April 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
2 spam musubi and a diet coke. Somehow Spam and diet coke don't go well together.... :p

helen
April 9th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Chicken caeser salad, polish sausage and fruit punch from Sam's Club.

1stwahine
April 9th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Hamburger Steak from Byron's, gravy all over. Lg. coke. :D

Kalei99
April 9th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Plate lunch from Ohana Kitchen in Vegas. Mixed plate - chicken katsu and kalbi. Side mac salad and kim chee. Diet coke, of course. :D

Miulang
April 9th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Kalua pork sandwich with da bomb potato mac salad from a new place in Duvall, WA called Lei's Family Restaurant. Dessert was snitching a few bites out of a humungous piece of lilikoi chiffon cake from Kauai Family Restaurant Bakery. Also in my oven right now: kalua turkey and kulolo from scratch for tomorrow.

Miulang

kimo55
April 9th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Kalua pork sandwich
potato mac salad
lilikoi chiffon
kalua turkey
kulolo

ho, sounds so ono...

I will be right ovah.

Kalei99
April 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Went to the Pure Aloha Festival in Las Vegas! Had da bomb Hawaiian Plate w/ laulau, kalua pig, & lomi salmon, and chocolate haupia cake for dessert. And for our 2nd dessert I had 3 hot malasadas! And a diet coke, of course. :D

Albert
April 10th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Kaiser rolls from Safeway bakery with Canadian bacon, plus "Southern Style" black-eyed peas. Never tasted anything like those in the South, so I'll try another brand next time.

helen
April 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
A couple slices of pizza and water from Sam's Club.

1stwahine
April 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM
After church we went to lunch @ Flamingos Pearl City! Had Pork Cutlet, iced tea and chocolate puddin for dessert.

The pork cutlet was terrible.

MAMA's Prime Rib was tough and tasteless.

Thier corn chowder was great.

Recommendation: Nice atmosphere, excellent service, junk food!= don't go!

helen
April 11th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Polish sausage and water from Costco.

Kalei99
April 11th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Leftovers from Lucille's Smokehouse Barbeque. St. Louis style ribs, collard greens, and sweet potato. DeLish!

I highly recommend Lucille's if you are ever in Las Vegas or CA.

1stwahine
April 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I want to share a recipe with you today. :D

Pork Tofu and iced tea

1 lb belly pork, chicken or beef
1 clove smash garlic
1/2 round onion
1 bunch watercress or mustard cabbage
1 pkg. bean sprouts
2 stems cut green onions
1/4 cup shoyu
2 tbls. white sugar
1 block tofu (cut into 1 inch a piece)
you can also add aburage

cut into 1/2 pieces. Place into pan and cover with water. Boil till water evaporates. Add 1 tbls. oil, fry till brown. Add vegetables. Toss while cooking. Add tofu and pour shoyu/sugar over it. Cover for 1/2 mins. Enjoy!
Serves 1-4

Kalei99
April 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Salad. :p Been eating way too much and had to cut back on da kau kau...

1stwahine
April 13th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Wobbled in pain to Lin's Resturant on King Street.

Ordered summer rolls w/ chicken and shrimp instead of the usual roast pork version with peanut sauce.

Beef Stew and 7up.

Wobbled back to MWH with package.

took me 45 mins. instead of the 5-10 mins.

should have ordered two beef stew plates. wuz onolicious!

;)

Moto
April 13th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Wor Won Ton Mein at Wah Kung in Mapunapuna.

Kalei99
April 13th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Shared a BBQ Mixed Plate & Mini Chicken Katsu from L&L Drive in with my husband. Eh, us guys get plate lunch in Las Vegas too! :D

Although 1st Wahine's lunch is sounding more ono than mine....

helen
April 14th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Chicken Caeser salad from Costco.

1stwahine
April 14th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Kalei99, nah...you got some grinds too!

Today, my brother came to visit and brought me hamburger steak/onions/gravy all over and macaroni salad from UpTown Fountain on School Street. Ice tea to drink. ;)

Kalei99
April 14th, 2005, 03:00 PM
It's torture, I tell you, coming to this thread. I miss home soooo much - especially da food!

Had a lousy subway sandwich for lunch..... :mad:

pzarquon
April 14th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Eh, no feel bad. I ended up at the McDonald's drive thru. :p I spent my lunch hour at the Mililani Hongwanji, watching an online friend get married.

http://photos7.flickr.com/9423882_06016ea7ed_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/avriette/)

1stwahine
April 14th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Bonzai! Happiness and Bliss to the Newlyweds! Nice picture...again. :D

kupomog
April 14th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Bacon cheeseburger, fries, yogurt w/ granola and some Tropicana orange juice from Harkness at Queen's Medical Center. Surprisingly tasty.

Kalei99
April 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Some really bad Salsa with stale chips...I need to go shopping! My refer is running on EEEEEEEE. :(

I'm thinking Sushi for dinner....Mmmmmmmm! :p

kimo55
April 15th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Some really bad Salsa with stale chips...I need to go shopping! My refer is running on EEEEEEEE. :(

Your fridge sounds like mini-me?!

helen
April 15th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Back to a polish sausage and a cup of water from Costco.

shaveice
April 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM
there's a relatively new place on king street (mountain side) next to the old cinerama theater called D's Cafe. nice people running the shop. they offer sandwiches and daily lunch specials.

the biggest challenge is parking. you could secretly park at checkers for a second or across the street at jack in the box....

pzarquon
April 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Had pho at the pho place at River and Nimitz, plus spring rolls. Mmm!

Speaking of sushi for dinner, though, I got to go to Sushi Sasabune last night with the aforementioned wedding party. Goddamn, if that wasn't the best sushi I've ever had in my life!

Kalei99
April 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Speaking of sushi for dinner, though, I got to go to Sushi Sasabune last night with the aforementioned wedding party. Goddamn, if that wasn't the best sushi I've ever had in my life!

You gotta give the address to that place. I'm heading home to Hawaii in the next month or so and I LOVE sushi. My favorite food of all time! So if it's good, then I'm there! :)

pzarquon
April 15th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Here's a review (http://starbulletin.com/2000/10/19/features/eater.html), with the address (1419 S. King St., just Diamond Head of Keeaumoku). Here's another blurb (http://www.hawaiibusiness.cc/hb62004/default.cfm?articleid=2) on the place. The quintessential experience is to sit at the bar, and to eat only what the chef deigns to make for you. Don't touch that shoyu bottle, and don't you dare try to order a California roll, even at a table, as you will be tossed out.

This guy takes his sushi seriously.

1stwahine
April 15th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Wonderful day. Wonderful breakfast and lunch

Won ton mein and chicken/shrimp summer rolls w/ peanut sauce

Iced tea.

1stwahine
April 16th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Went to my favorite resturant...Han Yang on N. King Street! Had the Seafood soup with tofu, udon noodles and vegetables. Cooked right at the table. (serves four) Also ordered Shortrib Kalbi.

Comes with the usual assorted side dishes.

Mama and I are stuffed. No need eat dinner tonight! :D

Recommendation***** :D

Glen Miyashiro
April 16th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Grilled cheese sandwich and fries at Bob's Big Boy, with a chocolate malted milkshake. Boy, it's hard to find a good malted milkshake these days, but BBB has a good one.

Kalei99
April 16th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Went to Teriyaki Madness - one of my favs in LV. Had the low carb chicken plate. Went back there for dinner too! Ate the chicken yakisoba. Mmmmmmmm :p

glossyp
April 17th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Harkness at Queen's Medical Center. Surprisingly tasty.

DH and I had lunch there yesterday. Make your own chili frank plate plus the salad bar which is small but has all the most important fixings. Salmon special looked good but wasn't that hungry. Best hospital cafeteria food I've had. Reasonable prices too at under $10 for both including beverages and a bag of chips. Sat next to the salt water aquarium (which is really nice & soothing) and watched the fish eat romaine lettuce.

1stwahine
April 17th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Pork Spareribs w/ long beans sauted in tomato and onions, iced tea.

Kalei99
April 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM
all-you-can-eat sushi from Inaka Sushi. Not that great - but better than NO sushi! :)

Albert
April 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Ahi poke with shoyu from Foodland. Okay, I know it would have been better if I'd gone to Yama's, but can't use foodstamps there.

1stwahine
April 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Spanish Corn Beef Stew and Iced Tea! ;)

helen
April 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Polish sausage, water and a swirl yogurt.

LikaNui
April 20th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Loco Moco, extra gravy.
:D

pzarquon
April 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
http://photos8.flickr.com/10175093_c69419c884_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/10175093/)

Dim sum at Golden Palace on N. King Street. Mmm!

craigwatanabe
April 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I was at McDonalds today and somebody ordered a Big Mac without the special sauce! I mean what's a Big Mac with out it's special sauce?

Kinda like Rome without a Pope!

1stwahine
April 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
hahahhahaa, dats funny.

I had (don't tell) the combo plate from L&L Liliha.

rating:* horrible. presentation of food: sloppy

pepsi was pepsi. ;)

kimo55
April 21st, 2005, 12:45 AM
Bacon cheeseburger, fries, yogurt w/ granola and some Tropicana orange juice from Harkness at Queen's Medical Center. Surprisingly tasty.

hope it was a happy birthday lunch!
happy 19th.

1stwahine
April 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM
Pan fried merinated Pork served with slices of fresh kahuku tomatoes and maui onions, iced tea.

Happy Birthday Kupomog
and many more to come! :D

kimo55
April 21st, 2005, 01:50 PM
Pan fried merinated Pork served with slices of fresh kahuku tomatoes and maui onions, iced tea.

Belated Happy Birthday Kopomog :D

oh, and also: you may want to extend wishes to da cousin, Kupomog, who, coincidentally, was born on this day, 1986.

1stwahine
April 22nd, 2005, 11:43 AM
Baked macaroni/hamburger and cheese. Lots of cheese! Iced Tea. ;)

kimo55
April 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
food.

1stwahine
April 23rd, 2005, 01:29 PM
My specialty, Fried Chicken. Iced Tea. ;)

helen
April 24th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Saturday's lunch was steak, mashed potatoes, a little wine, a bottle of Mountain Dew and tiramisu.

Albert
April 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Loco Moco from L&L. I do wish some place would offer Loco Moco with really first-class beef.

1stwahine
April 24th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Albert, I recommend two old time family resturants that serve good old fashion "Loco Mocos" , Uptown on School Street, across from MacDonald's and Janes Fountain on Liliha Street next to the original L&L.

L&L used to be owned by a local family. Sold out to Flores who had the brains and guts to make it into what it is today. Food not that great but his expertise in merchandising and promoting...gosh, I wish I had thought of the ideas first. :)

My lunch today: homemade cheeseburger on white bread w/mayo and ketchup. Iced tea, of course. S ;) aving my stomach for SOB.

Kalei99
April 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I'm in AZ now....no Local food anywhere! Had to eat a chicken sandwhich from McDonalds... yuck. :(

AuntieNellieKulolo
April 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Banana yogurt with granola. 'Ono for L&L BBQ chicken after all the L&L talk... At least we get TWO L&Ls now, one close enough to the Times Square subway station that I can stop there on my way home from work... :)

1stwahine
April 25th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Chicken Adobo/Paprika style, can oil sardines w/ shoyu and chile pepper water, Iced tea. Oh, da rice. Neva had chance to pick up some poi. ;)

Moto
April 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Minute Chicken Cake Noodle (that's minute as in 60 seconds and not minute as in very small).

1stwahine
April 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Had lunch with family at Pagoda Floating Resturant. Surprisingly, the food was great! I especially enjoyed the shrimp and vegetable tempuras w/sauce, baked mahimahi with newberg sauce, garlic chicken, their salad bar and of course their desserts. Haupia cake, chocolate ice cream w/ syrup and peanuts. Iced tea. :)

;) ;) ;) (3 out of five winks)

pzarquon
April 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Char siu stewed noodle from Mini Garden at 99 Ranch Market in Mapunapuna. I still think they make it better at their Chinatown location.

cezanne
April 26th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I'm not a burger guy but someone told me to try the teri burger and fries combo at Spot's across from HCC. That was a damn good burger if I must say so.

1stwahine
April 27th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I tried the Roast Turkey Plate with stuffing at The New Diners in Kalihi.

*****stars! It's not pressed turkey. I am impressed with the serving amount, presentation but most especially their wholesome homestyle cooking. Served on Wed. & Fri. Their resturant is now open too.

1stwahine
April 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
First of all, Happy Birthday AbsoluteChaos! ;) ;)

Today, I got take out from "Leong's Hawaiian Foods" on N. King Street.

Tripe stew, na'au, lomi ahi, kalua pig, chopped steak, and salt beef with watercress soup. My opu is expanding beyond help. I look and accept my physical shape without regrets! ;)

*****stars

Everybody have a great day. Tomarrow's Aloha Friday. :)

glossyp
April 28th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I tried the Roast Turkey Plate with stuffing at The New Diners in Kalihi.

*****stars! It's not pressed turkey. I am impressed with the serving amount, presentation but most especially their wholesome homestyle cooking. Served on Wed. & Fri. Their resturant is now open too.

Thanks for the report! I heard that they were doing some good food and your opinion seals the deal - I must go try it.

Lunch for us was a trip to Costco which usually means hot dogs but today I just had a slice of the pepperoni pizza and dh had chicken bake - use that pizza dough and left over chicken up - nothing goes to waste.

Surfingfarmboy
April 29th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I just received a box of See's Candies from an ipu who lived in Honolulu..gonna share these sweets with my co-workers today. See's Candies are not available here on the East Coast, so all of my co-workers will sample See's for the first time. Just to let you know, I'm saving the dark chocolate caromarsh for me!

btwnc2c
April 29th, 2005, 07:08 AM
LOVE See's! Don't have a store here either so if I'm anywhere where they have a See's store I'll stock up. Recently in LV, so stocked up on my favorites. Also, you can get it at the airport there for a last-minute pickup. Going to Portland, OR next month so guess what...stock up again! :D They do have a website...www.seescandies.com - so you don't have to do without. But it is nice to recieve a care package from home! I'm waiting for my aunt to send me my Coral Tuna and Big Island Cookies. :D

Surfingfarmboy
April 29th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I'm waiting for my aunt to send me my Coral Tuna and Big Island Cookies. :D

Mea ono kuki from Hawai'i..oh how I miss Popo's Chocolate Chips cookies from Kapa'a and Donna's of Big Island Waimea (any variety)!!! Winnaz all!

1stwahine
April 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
chicken summer roll with sauce from Linh's
(dat's it)heheheheheh *****stars

nah, had a uka pila breakfast at Kenny's in Kalihi
Eggs Benedict w/ Hollandaise sauce, 1 peach slice and side order fried rice.
*****stars ;)

Kalei99
April 30th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Chicken wings from Hooters. OOooooohhhh, my poor aching grease pit stomach.... :(

1stwahine
April 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
It's the last day of April. We went to COMPADRES at Ward II. Had a Taco, Enchalada, refried beans and salad plate. Bottomless Ice tea.

Taco bland taste (beef, Taco Bell's tastes better)
Enchalada average
Refried beans excellent
Mexican rice average
guacamole and salsa excellent
Bottomless Iced Tea great but they don't refill ice cubes! :confused:

food*** atmosphere***** service*****

1stwahine
May 2nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
My favorite resturant is Han Yang. Instead of going there today, I went into Kiawe Grill next door. I was pleasently surprised. It used to be the old Iva's Hawaiian Foods. Unlike the former, this place has the business and ability to be successful.

ordered their pulehu shortribs*****

you can choose your own side dishes (4)
from an assortment of tofu,kim chee, potaoes,
macaroni salad,cucumber kimchee, etc.

Ate to much...I going moi, moi. not! :p

Aunti Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

1stwahine
May 3rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
Ravioli and Speghettio's...ate with my newly arrived grand daughters. We had a lovely lunch together. Beats all the lunches and dinners put together. Awwww...the joys of having children in the home again! ;)

Oh! My iced tea of course.

Albert
May 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM
McNuggets and small fries.

(Oh well, the kind of lunch you have when you feel a bit hungry and can't make up your mind to eat something more interesting.)

craigwatanabe
May 4th, 2005, 10:03 AM
last night's Chicken Katsu Curry! Made it the first time last night and I must say, it was pretty ONO!

1stwahine
May 4th, 2005, 12:02 PM
fried chorizo, kim chee and shoyu on hot rice. iced tea.

cream of tuna/rice for the little ones. orange juice

pzarquon
May 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Char siu stew noodle, once again, from Mini Garden in Chinatown. Yinnie, the owner, reports the grand opening of her new S. King location - to include a wider array of vegetarian fare - will be on June 1. Cool!

LikaNui
May 5th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Only had time for fast food, so went to Taco Bell on this Cinco De Mayo day. In a questionable marketing ploy, they had no specials to celebrate the occasion!
:confused:
On a related note, one of the island yacht clubs is doing their monthly potluck dinner with a "Spanish" theme. Too bad they didn't go with a "Mexican" theme to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, cuz as far as I know Spain had nothing whatsoever to do with it.
:p

helen
May 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM
A couple of combo pizza slices and a cup of water from Costco.

pzarquon
May 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
A dijon turkey and bacon sandwich from Subway, toasted. I tell you, considering that you can get your sandwich toasted for no additional cost, I'd be very worried if I was Quizno's. Just about as tasty, and it doesn't cost you $10 just to have a sandwich combo for lunch!

jdub
May 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM
bacon mushroom philly cheese steak from the recently-opened Ono Cheese steaks on Bishop...closest thing to the real thing in town, and under five bucks! Ono indeed!

poi cocktail :)
May 5th, 2005, 11:30 PM
oh man, cheesesteaks just the way I like um! or did till the doc said watch the cholesterol (low 200's) :( everything I like is the no no list: butter, cheese, red meat, etc. so I try but not really, at least gave up fast food mostly.

usual day is nice cup of coffee (and a smoke or 3! bad boy here sorry), that's breakfast. start work and forget about eating till starving, then make breakfast for lunch :p oats kind cereal and toss some blueberry or raspberry on top with cold soy milk (lactose intolerant). or frozen waffle, maple syrup, scramble eggs, crispy bacon! yeah bacon! :thumbup but only 1x or 2x week.

nobody cook for me so I cook what I like. or starve :) must try to eat better, more veggies, fish. ooh, time for one poi cocktail, my comfort food. yah all those carbs before sleep. work it off tomorrow. hey it's a friday. all good!

goodnight :wave

AuntieNellieKulolo
May 9th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Leftover dal baht and dum aloo from the new Tibetan/Nepali place on 37th Ave.-so 'ono!

:D

kathy_yl
May 10th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Mango chutney with turkey on 7 grain bread, grilled. I brought my little jar of chutney from the Punahou Carnival all the way to NYC for school - makes me appreciate local food all the more!

1stwahine
May 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Since the arrival of my grandchildren from Colorado, the only time I had a chance with MAMA to dine at a resturant like we "normally" do...was Mother's Day and that was with our OHANA. Ohhhh, the days of eating out.

I made beef ampatada (beef, tomato suace, green, red/green bell peppers, tomato simmered all together than I add frozen green peas) onolicious! :D

helen
May 12th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Chicken with mushroom sauce, fried rice, mac salad and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

1stwahine
May 15th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Finally, Pork Chops with fried rice and macaroni salad from Rocky's in Waipahu! ***** 5 stars! :)

poi cocktail :)
May 16th, 2005, 05:24 PM
:) I had leftover spam fried rice today (hey we all got our weaknesses ok) but excited because I just found out how easy it is to make whipped cream! no, not for that you sickos, it's for topping dessert treats I make for the neighbor keiki's :D

"8 servings"
2 cups heavy cream (da real stuff!)
1/4 cup sugar or to taste
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

start whip the cream to slightly thickened, add sugar and flavorings till soft peaks form, badabing badabang top the dessert and say take that emeril in ya face hawaiian style!

1stwahine
May 16th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Had lunch at Nehelani today. Salad bar, Desserts and entrees all for $ 8.50. Includes iced tea or fruit punch (bottomless).

*** FOOD * Presentation Atmosphere *****

You get, what you pay ;) or sumthing lil' dat!

1stwahine
June 1st, 2005, 12:54 PM
I took my daughter-inlaw, MAMA and grandkids to Helena's Hawaiian Foods! It was ono, as always. ;)

squid lu'au
kalua pig
lomi salmon
lomi ahi w/opihi
poi,
salted beef with watercress
pipikaula shortribs
maui onion with hawaiian salt
and of course haupia!

Cnecki
June 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Had all the soup and salad I could eat at the Olive Garden. Going to miss this place. Warm breads, yummy tossed salad and ooooooh great potato soup!

Cnecki

helen
June 4th, 2005, 04:10 PM
BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ.

scrivener
June 4th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Today: Blanched broccoli, spicy sausage, and rice w/ shoyu.
Yesterday: Karaage and rice at Izakaya Nonbei.
Thursday: Meatloaf and rice at some plate-lunch place on Merchant Street, right next to the Hawaiian Electric building.

helen
June 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Orange chicken and brown rice from California Wok.

1stwahine
June 11th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Upon coming home and checking the threads, I had to smile when I saw this one up again...it is my favorite one.

I had a late lunch today...a bottle of whatchamacallit by IV in my right arm. :eek:

It's late. I'll see you all tomarrow. Life is short, smile and make someone happy every chance you get..........................

Love and Aloha
Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule ;)

helen
June 19th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Ribeye steak plate, small salad and water from Steak and Fish Factory at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Cnecki
June 20th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Coconut potato, shrimp with sauce and grandpa's BBQ (at my boy's 15th b-day party) and tiki shasta punch to drink. Oh so good !

Ailina
June 20th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Leftover spaghetti--for me, anyways. For the keiki...PB&J. ;)

1stwahine
June 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
A slice of a combo pizza at Costco, on Dillingham Blvd. It wuz onolicious! :)

1stwahine
June 22nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Stir fried beef with fresh asparagus spears and maui onions. cold tofu with sesame oil, shoyu and green onions! ;) Oh, refreshing iced tea too! :)

pinakboy
June 30th, 2005, 09:36 AM
my daily healthy lunch of :p sardines on whole grain bread with mayo, tomatoes, cheese, and watercress! :)