Beetle nut and leaves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beetle nut and leaves...

There are many Mironesians living at Mayor Wrights Homes. I call it Little Micronesia instead of MWH now. The cultural differences between them and the rest of the residents is causing a tense atmosphere almost daily. Added to this, is the problem of the consumption of alcohol and illegal drugs.

Added to that but not illegal is their aquiring and use of the beetle nut and leaves in which they chew and spit all over the place. This is a mind altering herbal drug and the damn thing only costs $5.00 a bag. It consists of 10 beetle nuts with same amount of leaves. They wrap the nuts in it and chew away, spitting occasionally anywhere they happen to be.

I was surprised that they use it to in South Asia and have farms for it too in Gaylephung and Danabari (wherever that is). In Pagasinan, Philippines they also mentioned use of the beetle nut in leaves. It's been around for centuries. Just like Pot.

They say this is a cultural medicinal whateva's. It's still mind altering, right? So,what about Pot for medicinal purposes for me now? It's cultural, it's medicinal, wat da difference? I live at MWH? I'm in pain!

I don't think I wanna try the beetle nut. From the way it looks all those who do, have black ugly teeth like the wicked witch of the west/easst (who cares)....
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Beetle nut and leaves...

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Added to that but not illegal is their aquiring and use of the beetle nut and leaves in which they chew and spit all over the place. This is a mind altering herbal drug and the damn thing only costs $5.00 a bag. It consists of 10 beetle nuts with same amount of leaves. They wrap the nuts in it and chew away, spitting occasionally anywhere they happen to be.
    That's gross. It's like people who use chewing tobacco and spit all over the place. It's OK when you're out in the country and you can spit on the dirt, but not in the city.

I don't think I wanna try the beetle nut. From the way it looks all those who do, have black ugly teeth like the wicked witch of the west/easst (who cares)....
    Are you sure it's because of the betel nut? Maybe it's because those folks don't brush their teeth.

Comment

Betel nuts are hardly a "drug" to be concerned about, but I agree, the spitting part of it is as gross as my old Texas uncles and their chewing tobacco. Red splashes from betel nut users are a constant part of life in India.

Comment

yea. Betel Nut...
        here's da scoops:

http://moodfoods.com/betelnut/

Comment

Bro Kimo, Thank you, thank you, thank you for the web site. It also had other interesting topics which hit close to home. The information and recommendations are on target. Great web site!

Have a great weekend!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
            Betel nuts are hardly a "drug" to be concerned about, but I agree, the spitting part of it is as gross as my old Texas uncles and their chewing tobacco. Red splashes from betel nut users are a constant part of life in India.
            Or in Flushing, Queens, for that matter...

Comment

Working...
            X