This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly Flu Virus

hawai'i was chosen to be one of the places to destroy a deadly flu virus? wuz here for over a month. didn't have to report it cause of some technicality? they had the nerve to show how it was being destroyed? what if, just if...the virus had spilt and went into the air? they say it would have been more devastating then when the last flu epidemic was going around.

stupid jackasses. i already got problems. what more secrets lurk in the labortories? makes me wonder what chemical propaganda, if any is going on. terrorists threats? our own govt. seems to be threatning our aina more.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Deadly Flu Virus

This story is really troubling because the company that sent out the vials by mistake happened to send it to some 18 countries, and no one is saying who those countries were. They're also saying that they're relying on the labs that received the vials to destroy them safely.

Since we have no idea where the vials were shipped (and it was also shipped to labs in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, apparently), how will we ever know if all of them, "on Scout's honor", destroyed the vials? What if it ended up in Pakistan or India?

Everyone born after 1957, which is when the pandemic flu strain spread across the world killing millions, should be alarmed by this snafu.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I was born in (oh yeah you know)heheheheh. I'm safe. Still, I worry for all the children in the world. I worry for everyone else. I have to wonder who else is protected not because of the year they were born. Soldiers, Politicians, etc. As for the other 18 countries, I'd like to know which ones. We're in deep deep kakas if it surely went into the wrong hands!

This is not something we should sit back and wonder, "what if"...........
      This could have been a global catastrophe that would have infected millions. We're not safe out of the woods yet. The fact remains what happenned to the other 18 vials and whether it was deystroyed as instructed, as Miulang has posted.

Whoever is to blame, arrest the person or persons. Mistakes like this just don't happen. I can understand maybe a few, still it can casue havoc in any society as we know it. But vials sent to 18 countries? Talk about Mass destruction potential. Nah, this story has more to it, than we are led to believe.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

As I lay down in bed, half asleep from my medications......

I thought I heard and correct me if I'm wrong, but did they lose some vials? 1,400 vials? Did they send it to Lebanon and Mexico where they said they didn't recieve it? Please tell me I was dreaming.

Comment

Hala! I wasn't dreaming! I found the news report that was on Channel 9 last night. It isn't 1,400 as I stated. It's 5,000!

You can view the full report @http://www.kgmb.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=4305&sis=1184

or go to Kgmb website and search under would and national

Sssshhh....it takes a lot to find evidence not to make one silly nowadays.

Are you born before or after 1957?

Mass hysteria not yet started. Wait till people start dying like flies then they'll rush to get things going...oh well, enough warning.

Comment

The accidental release of vials of the 1957 flu virus is bad enough, but now the Public Health officials are saying that the avian bird flu which has been cropping up more and more in Asia will soon hit our shores. About the only good thing about it (so far) is that there is no documented human-to-human transfer, but the public health officials are worried because there is still a remote possibility that people can get sick (and die) if they eat infected chickens or eggs.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Things are looking more frightening alla time. like the end o da world.

Reports lately of someone contracting aids/HIV AND the bird flu at the same time.
              Bird flu carried with a strain of HIV?!
              what da...

World health org. sez this has the potential to mutate into a form that could pass easily between humans and cause a pandemic in which millions could die.

Why not. Seems we may be wiped out by bacteria too.
              ...antibacterial agents contained in soaps actually may kill off normal bacteria, creating an environment for resistant, mutated bacteria that are impervious to antibacterials, including antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                Things are looking more frightening alla time. like the end o da world.
                like the end of time? so what bro kimo, do we just sit back and do nothing and wait what they tell us. makes me want to go buy one of them hummbvies that i see more often lately. makes me want to do all sorts of things i wish i could do but don't have the kala's to do. if this is the end of times then i'm ready...however, it's not only me anymore. i have my precious grandson to protect and save from anything that will cause harm to him.

one thing is for sure. i ain't gonna sit back and wait and not say anything. once again, i'm gonna contact those in Washington, even the President and ask to have this investigated to the highest level! Then again, they don't write me back except for one, Congressman Ed Case and he's not even my Congressman. god bless him.

this will surely cause a global problem.....we all wait like sitting ducks, eh?

Comment

In the back of The StarBulletin today...an article regarding an update on the deadly flu vials that are missing. "SOME" have been found. Where does that leave us? Waiting still like sitting ducks......aaachoo, excuse me. Another thing I noticed is the numbers always are different. I'm to lazy to get the link. Maybe, laters.

Comment

Update: In today's Star Bulletin :
                    http://starbulletin.com/2006/02/09/news/story11.html

"The Legislature has received an unusual $15 million emergency appropriation request from the state administration to prepare for a possible flu pandemic."

...need I say more?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Well, today Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff said he expected the bird flu to hit the US within the next few months. Any area that is in the path of migratory birds might be affected, because it appears the H5N1 virus is being spread all over the world by wild birds, most recently in Western Europe.

Don't panic, he says, just be alert. Read here for more information about bird flu and be prepared. He also said not to panic because the US Public Health system has dealt with potential epidemics before. Well...if DHS' handling of the aftermath of Katrina is any indication of the government's ability to protect us, I'd say just make sure you know what you can do to help protect yourself first, because government help might be slow in coming. It might take as long as 4 months to develop a new vaccine to combat the virus and tamiflu, one of 2 antivirals known to slow down the virus, is still in short supply and being stockpiled for use by essential service workers.

Miulang

Comment

Wow! Tita Muilang, this thread get plenty warning from you and me. Hmmm...I wonda if anybody reading? I wonda if anybody care?

The Legislature knows something is up. Das for sure. They approved an emergency funding last month den the announcement today from Washington? We in for a major epidemic.

If anybody like take a look at History, you will see major outbreaks which took many lives around the world. It is a given. However, with today's technology and medical breakthroughs - our Citizens should be protected. We are NOT!

In a few months we all will know whether or not we have enough vaccine to sustain and protect our citizens. Don't just sit back and do nothing. Don't expect someone else to do the dirty work for you. This is all our lives.

They say "Don't Panic!" What do we do? What can we do?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

over on the Aloha World Board, one of our members is living in France and she is very informed on the flu scare she gave me this link to check out the many thing/ways to prep for a possible epidemic....

so I thought I would share.... there some good stuff here... just dont let the intensity of some of the ppl scare you... some of them have been prepping for something like this for the last 2 yrs or more...
                          it has made me rethink my pantry thats for sure.
                          http://www.curevents.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40
                          Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Good Morning America is featuring the Deadly Flu Virus this Week. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AvianFlu/ On their Website ~ information is already available. It is already on it's way! Honolulu is the Western Door. If a person is found infected on a plane, that person will be taken to a hospital. The other passengers will be put in quarantine for an undisclosed amount of time. My question: How does that affect the population? How many travelers are we ready for who will be infected with the virus? It is coming. Are we really prepared?

I haven't seen anything in the papers as to what we can or must do in order to protect ourselves or our loved ones. The Legislators must get off their okoles and let the Public know what is going on.

This ain't no Movie. This is Reality. Separate Fact from Fiction.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Quincy Adams

Auntie Lynn

Comment

For now, Tita, we're still reasonably safe. The H5N1 virus has not mutated into a form that can be transmitted from human to human yet. More than likely, that will change over time, though. Hopefully we have enough time to come up with better ways to detect it and vaccines to immunize the population from the human borne version.

It goes make me wonder, though, if we all shouldn't turn into vegan vegetarians: there's swine flu, mad cow disease, avian flu, mercury contamination in fish, arsenic in the water...and then there's GMO vegetables which might cause you to glow in the dark (joke)...

Miulang

BTW, Tita, Welcome home! How was your vacation in Europe?
                              Last edited by Miulang; March 13, 2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X