No announcement yet.

Is PTT a necessity for phone companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PTT a necessity for phone companies?

Lately, there's been a lot of PTT talk and based on my experience with Nextel users, PTT is another way companies will make money.

I don't think anyone would want to know how your love life is going, or what's for dinner, or even where you are every five minutes.

Sure, its good for police, medical, or even transit operators, but I feel that there should be a class to teach civilians how to use PTT.

BTW, PTT = Push To Talk (aka walkie talkie radio)
    A must have
    0.00%
    Its okay
    0.00%
    Good for some people, but not all
    100.00%
    No, keep it away from me!!!
    0.00%
    Last edited by adrian; April 13, 2005, 08:39 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Is PTT a necessity for phone companies?

Originally posted by adri1456
    Lately, there's been a lot of PTT talk and based on my experience with Nextel users, PTT is another way companies will make money.

I don't think anyone would want to know how your love life is going, or what's for dinner, or even where you are every five minutes.

Sure, its good for police, medical, or even transit operators, but I feel that there should be a class to teach civilians how to use PTT.

BTW, PTT = Push To Talk (aka walkie talkie radio)
    True, I agree that people should tone down their rather private conversations when using the PTT.

However, I think you meant to title this "Is PTT a necessity for phone users?"

Not all the carriers have it, only three right now, and Nextel's had a 10 year jump ahead of the others, and for Nextel it would be a necessity since that was the orginal selling feature of their service.

For me, I use it cause its easier for me when troubleshooting a network problem with the other techs at work, and if need to just tell my wife something really quick that would be faster than a phone call.

what most people don't realize is that you can turn the speakerphone off on a PTT call and just place the phone to your ear.

Just my 2 cents from this civilian

Comment

Working...
    X