Windows 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 98

Several nights ago, I was cleaning up my temporary computer which has 98 Windows. Files, Temp files, folders, etc. Thing is I was "Manic" and deleted way to much of things I didn't know about.hehehehehehe

So, computer screen displays, "DLL file missing" or "error in starting program". I messed-up big time. I still can use email, get hawaii threads and other sites. I have to post on my Blogg with firefox. Pictures were always not clear but now it's psycadelic in appearance.(brings back memories)

I'm hoping that someone out there has a 98 Windows disc, so I can empty everything out and reprogram it back in, if that's possible to do. My nephew said he is working on my hp520 this weekend. He had it since September so it's not a guarantee that I'll get it back this week. I have XP on that one. I had forgotten my password that I put on it and didn't write it down. Hence, it locked on me.heheheehheh Seven months to fix that problem. Auwe!

Anyways, let me know how much. I will return it back to you.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

I checked out GPS Talk by accident when I was serching. I'll try some of the reccomendations they have there. Wow! I love this site!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 17, 2005, 08:58 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Windows 98

Did you did delete folders in C:\Program Files folder? Or did you delete folders located in C:\Windows folder?

Does the "DLL file missing" or "error in starting program" happen when the computer starts up or when a certain program is started?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      Did you did delete folders in C:\Program Files folder? Or did you delete folders located in C:\Windows folder?

Does the "DLL file missing" or "error in starting program" happen when the computer starts up or when a certain program is started?
      I dunno, maybe both folders?

"DLL file missing" and "error in starting program" happens when I start up my computer.

I was advised that fixing the problem is illegal, so I'm just gonna use the computer for games. I'm still waiting for my hp520. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Can you get to your start menu and just try a system restore? Go back several weeks to just before you know you went Virgo on it maybe.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Hey, I never tried that on this computer. Mahalo.

....gave up on the dumb hp520. lasted only one week. asking my son for another but he refuses to buy me one, until i go back to a computer class and learn how to use one properly. i'm simple...hawaii threads,hawaiistories,emails. that's it. ok, ok, i surf once in a great while.

11:00 am. Leaving to do a system restore. Crossing my fingers.

didn't work. thank you for your advice anyway.
          Last edited by 1stwahine; May 23, 2005, 11:31 AM. Reason: Leaving to do a system restore.

Comment

Hhmmm, guess it isnt a cure all.......i just know i have done several here recently for various reasons and back then would have the internet service i had then in place (unusable of course due to having closed account).
            I still havent figured out what this strange appearance to pictures on the web is all about. Began when i tried to get rid of Intel graphics logo but double clicked (which began install) instead. Restores have not done anything for it.
            If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
            X