PDA

View Full Version : Best Buffet

jkpescador
April 18th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Where should I go ... and I don't want to hear Todai or Machino Chaya or Chan's ... I'm talking $20-50 range. I have to find somewhere for Mother's Day and I know it will be crowded but I'd like some reviews. It should be special.

Prince Court? John Dominis? Surfroom? Orchid's?
Ihilani? Turtle Bay?

Anyone up for the challenge?

kimo55
April 18th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Where should I go ...

not bad:

http://www.kaimana.com/dining/index.html

helen
April 18th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Are you talking about lunch or dinner?

The last two places I went for a buffet where lunches, Marbella and Fook Yuen. Under your price range but the selections were not much.

1stwahine
April 18th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Plaza near the airport is excellent. That's coming from a cook. Prices are reasonable and the choices of entrees better than Pagoda. At Pagoda, you pay for the name. Salmon over cooked, crab legs over cooked, clams in garlic sauce always tastes spoiled.

Of course the bess is at Halekulani. ;)

Moto
April 18th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Willows has a nice buffet and the dining area has some character, like you're eating out somewhere in the country, instead of in the middle of Honolulu. Their standard buffet runs in the mid to high 20's and usually have mini laulaus, prime rib, turkey, roast suckling pig (with crispy skin), teriyaki chicken, a fish dish, nigiri saimin (noodles wrapped in nori like a sushi), sushi, and a nice dessert spread including soft serve ice milk. They will probably have a special Mother's Day menu. If you plan to go there, you will probably need to make your reservations quickly. I like it.

pzarquon
April 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I love the Willows. The food is pretty good, but the atmosphere is first rate. I don't know what you've gotta pay to reserve the "canoe table" out in the lagoon, but I'm going to do that one day...

alohabear
April 19th, 2005, 09:00 AM
best mother's day buffett i ate was at the hapuna prince in kohala...it beats the mauna kea beach hands down :)

Linkmeister
April 19th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Willows has a nice buffet and the dining area has some character, like you're eating out somewhere in the country, instead of in the middle of Honolulu. Their standard buffet runs in the mid to high 20's and usually have mini laulaus, prime rib, turkey, roast suckling pig (with crispy skin), teriyaki chicken, a fish dish, nigiri saimin (noodles wrapped in nori like a sushi), sushi, and a nice dessert spread including soft serve ice milk. They will probably have a special Mother's Day menu. If you plan to go there, you will probably need to make your reservations quickly. I like it.

Blatant self-promotion: Willows Menus 2002 Mothers' Day (http://linkmeister.com/willows/WMenus.html)

jkpescador
October 25th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone eat at a good buffet recently?
Have any new restaurants opened since I started this thread?
Now this is for a Holiday Party so I think there isn't a limit on price. :)

Lei K
October 25th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I love the Willows. The food is pretty good, but the atmosphere is first rate. I don't know what you've gotta pay to reserve the "canoe table" out in the lagoon, but I'm going to do that one day...

^^ :D

And I agree, The Willows no ka oi! My kane LOVES their chicken!

helen
October 25th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Anyone eat at a good buffet recently?

Last month I ate at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant for their Sunday brunch, it's about $20 for a pretty good selection of food compared to their breakfast buffet that goes for $10 for the other days of the week, which I had this past Saturday not much of selection but the food was alright.

By the way any theme to the buffet? Lunch vs dinner, types of food?

tikiyaki
October 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Last month I ate at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant for their Sunday brunch, it's about $20 for a pretty good selection of food compared to their breakfast buffet that goes for $10 for the other days of the week, which I had this past Saturday not much of selection but the food was alright.

By the way any theme to the buffet? Lunch vs dinner, types of food?

Pagoda...Man, talk about food annihilation....Buffets are dangerous, and this one is pretty deadly.

If anone is ever up around Volcano way, The Volcano House has a really great breakfast Buffet. Even better is sitting at the window overlooking the crater while eating...awesome.

scrivener
October 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I agree with Lynn that the buffet at the Plaza is not bad, but it does lean more on the "breakfast" part of "brunch." I am not a big fan of all-you-can-eat situations, but my family goes to the Ihilani a couple of times a year, and it's wonderful. Really, really good food. Unfortunately, some of the best stuff is the starchy stuff, which they say you're supposed to stay away from at these places. My sister scorns me for loading up on the excellent potato salad, but screw her: she's not paying the bill (my dad is, and he's fine with it!). The attitude with the food at these places is often not to take any care with the food. The food at the Ihilani is always carefully prepared, and I appreciate that. It's nice if you get a view of the pool, too.

Chan's Gourmet (their word, not mine!) Buffet is only passable, but its inexpensive and very tolerant of party noise. Some of the groups in there are ridiculously loud sometimes. I don't like it much, but I go every so often when I need a LOT of time to eat and work -- I never feel rushed when I'm there, and sometimes this reading I have to do is crazy long.

Palolo Joe
October 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Warren - gives away lots of money to charity;
Jimmy - makes some very popular music.
So... staying on-topic, does anyone have a favorite hotel in Waikiki to visit for all-you-can-eat?

The Oceanarium in the Pacific Beach Hotel is pretty good, and you get to watch all the fish swim by while you're eating their cousins... :D

damontucker
October 25th, 2006, 05:22 PM
So... staying on-topic, does anyone have a favorite hotel in Waikiki to visit for all-you-can-eat?

Not sure how on topic this is... but I would say any hotel in Waikiki could be considered close to Todai's.

*pinao*
October 25th, 2006, 05:29 PM
just to put my two cents in... or no cents.. since Im all broke..

but yeah WILLOWS gets my points! Love that place. Ive been there like maybe twice.. but definitely will go back when I get more money!

Vanguard
October 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM
In my opinion, the buffet at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel is the best one on Oahu.

And yes, I did live in Hawaii. I'm not speaking as a tourist who never left Waikiki :P

damontucker
October 25th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I forgot about the outter islands...

The Naniloa in Hilo on the Big Island....*Cough* "The Naniloa Volcanoes Resort" now *Cough*
http://www.naniloaresort.com/

Did have an excellent buffet... Has anyone been there since the new name branding?:confused:

Hellbent
October 25th, 2006, 06:46 PM
My sister went to one at Parc, she said it was good, but $45 a head.

pzarquon
October 25th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Seconding (or thirding or fourthing) The Willows. Know how I mentioned that canoe table? It's as nice as I thought it'd be out there.

My family has had several large events at Treetops in Paradise Park. Nothing spectacular, but decent and an interesting location to be sure.
The Oceanarium in the Pacific Beach Hotel is pretty good, and you get to watch all the fish swim by while you're eating their cousins...I wonder if they still have those giant stingrays in there. I imagine the "mermaids" were a bit reluctant to come to work the day after dear Steve Irwin passed!

achow
October 25th, 2006, 07:46 PM
The Willows, John Dominis, Makino Chaya, Todai, The Oceanarium, Pagoda, and Turtle Bay

Pomai
October 26th, 2006, 09:27 AM
The best "buffett" is Jimmy Buffett. Sorry, couldn't resist that typo. lol Pass me a Margarita.

One thing frustrating about an elaborate buffet with so many choices is just that. The indecision sets in and you regret eating this.. should've tried that. Ya' know what I mean?

Whatever the case, AVOID the fillers like rice or noodles. Go for the GOLD! Sashimi, Poke, King Crab Legs and Prime Rib. Craig is in with me on this one. ;)

dallascat70
October 26th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I agree with Lynn that the buffet at the Plaza is not bad, but it does lean more on the "breakfast" part of "brunch." I am not a big fan of all-you-can-eat situations, but my family goes to the Ihilani a couple of times a year, and it's wonderful. Really, really good food. Unfortunately, some of the best stuff is the starchy stuff, which they say you're supposed to stay away from at these places. My sister scorns me for loading up on the excellent potato salad, but screw her: she's not paying the bill (my dad is, and he's fine with it!). The attitude with the food at these places is often not to take any care with the food. The food at the Ihilani is always carefully prepared, and I appreciate that. It's nice if you get a view of the pool, too.

Chan's Gourmet (their word, not mine!) Buffet is only passable, but its inexpensive and very tolerant of party noise. Some of the groups in there are ridiculously loud sometimes. I don't like it much, but I go every so often when I need a LOT of time to eat and work -- I never feel rushed when I'm there, and sometimes this reading I have to do is crazy long.

I hate to do this BUT are you serious? Ive been to Chans and I was lucky that my family made it out alive, I know some people MUST like it-cause as I stood outside barfing the crap I just ate-I did notice tour buses (pcc?) unloading there. Just all around gross, lousy food (including warm foods that should be cold) and just all in all- GROSS! Yes, it is cheap, I cant believe tho anyone eats there on purpose, I cant believe you said was passable!
Each their own I say-and I say its the worst place Ive ever been too! :)

CranBeree
October 27th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Hawaii Prince

WindwardOahuRN
October 27th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Sunday brunch at John Dominis. It's why God made elastic waistbands.

http://www.johndominis.com/sunday_brunch.htm

christinek
October 27th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I want to try this one when we return to Oahu...

http://samchoy.com/restaurants_dh_menu_brunchs.html

melemac
October 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM
we love crab legs, and our favorite place is HoHo's in Kapolei. Mon-Thurs dinner buffet is $14! it's chinese, some good stuff but we mainly go because of the crab legs! and that's from someone who lives in honolulu and drives to kapolei just for crab legs! :) the crab in Hanaki in manoa is ok but we like HOHO's more.

Erika Engle
October 28th, 2006, 03:05 PM
My two favorite buffet experiences:

Sunday champagne brunch at Orchids, at Halekulani ... of course, I was with my forever love, looking at one of the most famous stretches of beach and expanse of azure waters in the world. I'm sure the food was fabulous -- but it's the memory I really treasure.

Prince Court at the Hawaii Prince Hotel in Waikiki. Did someone say crab legs? Everything you could possibly want (as far as I can imagine) is there. The de rigueur omelet station, sushi station, hot dishes, cold dishes, salads, oxtail soup, even. Also kind of heavy on the Japanese stuff, considering the hotel's ownership and its predominant census (not that I'm complaining, I love that). The desserts are also wonderful, so save room! The service has been excellent each time I've gone.

I know I've been to others, but the euphoric sensory overload of writing about these two has blocked them out.

Pomai
January 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM
JP originally said not to mention this place, but I must proclaim, the new Makino Chaya at Aloha Tower is the bomb, baby! Our office gang went there for lunch yesterday and we were just amazed. Everyone in the restaurant was. You could hear folks "oohing and ahhhing" just looking at all the food.

This place gives Willows some serious hard rubs, especially considering it's half the price at only $12.95/person for lunch. They definately blew Todai out of the park. I can't even fathom how they make money charging that little for sooooooo much all-you-can eat FOOD! We're not talking "just food". We're talking everything from Alaskan King Crab legs to Ahi Nigiri Sushi to cooked-to-order Teppanyaki steaks! Wow!

Here's my first round...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/370958521_f37c950c10_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=370958521&size=l)

Make that my only round. After all that I was stuffed.

You know, it's kinda' frustrating with buffet restaurants that have so many great choices, because you only have so much stomach space. As you can see, I refrain from the starches, going strictly for the gold. As in seafood gold!

The soup (technically stew) on the top in the second photo is Oden. It tasted like they used the same oden nomoto I used making my version. I love that had Konnyaku in it (that purplish, black-dotted thing), and lots of various Kamaboko (fish cake) in the steamer to choose from. I wish it had Kombu Maki, but that's OK, it was still oishii. Below the Oden is Miso soup. Pretty basic, but it worked.

The selections on my main plate (top photo) includes (clockwise from top): Roast Beef (great flavor, but tough), shrimp and vegetable tempura (just as great as Hanaki!), "Rainbow" Sushi, (not bad, but not great) Baked Oyster with Bak Choi cream sauce (ono), steamed chili Basa (fish, but not Saba!, mild, moist flavor), Shrimp Tempura Maki, Gyoza (fantastic), Glazed Button Mushrooms (great), seafood shumai and pork shumai (ono).

The crab legs (third photo) were a standout winner. Tasted like they deep-fried them, with a heavy pepper and butter flavor. Yum. That alone over-justified the price of admission.

I can't remember the Japanese name of dish on top in the 4th photo, but it was basically a slice of tako, shrimp and fresh ahi on a dollop of rice, topped with a chiffonade Shiso leaf. The other dish is stewed clams. Both were sugoi oishii desu!

And that was just nipping the bud. There is just WAYYYY TOO MUCH TO CHOOSE. I don't know if I was in buffet bliss or simply mad that I didn't have space to try everything! lol What I showed you is probably less than 1/4th of the total item selections available for lunch at MC AT.

You just have to go for yourself and try the new Makino Chaya location at Aloha Tower. It's much better than the King St. location, IMO (I've never been to their other locations). And at $12.95/person (Kama'aina rate), it's just an amazing bargain for all the seafood and just.. just everything. Wow is all I can say.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/370958517_1281a6c7c1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=370958517&size=l)
Makino Chaya at Aloha Tower is located on the second floor, on the Mauka-Ewa end (no view of Honolulu harbor).

titilejomi
October 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
I heard Makinos is now closed on both King St. and Aiea. Is the one in Aloha Tower still open?

Otherwise, does anyone have a specific place they would recommend for a LUNCH Buffet that would have seating available for 20 - 30 people?

Preferably under $20.00 per person.

pzarquon
October 21st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Interesting. I just got a glowing recommendation for Tsukiji at Ala Moana's Hookipa Terrace. My mom loved the food, and she usually eats like a bird. I mean, 99 percent of the time, a buffet is a waste for her, but apparently the selection and the quality of grinds actually prompted her to stuff herself silly.

She got the same impression I did (just checking it out, walking by one day) about the service: poor and borderline abusive. But, I guess if the food's that good, it doesn't matter.

May be going there for my birthday (kids under ten, it's alleged, dine free).

infinitypro
October 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Our family hits a buffet for one of the celebratory days of the year here's our experience:

IHILANI: We went there for Father's Day 2006 and NOE and her girls dine there at least once a month. Absolutely recommended for food, service, atmosphere.

HALEKULANI: Father's Day 2007 once again absolutely recommended! Our tables were oceanside, the service was just a tad lagging, only a skosh with water refills, but the food more than made up for it. A bit on the pricey side, but for this budget savvy family worth it.

JOHN DOMINIS: We haven't been back since 2004, only because the food wasn't that amazing during that particular day and so as an entire family decided to move on since we had frequented there more than a dozen times.

OCEANARIUM: Easter 2005 was excellent in food, service and atmosphere; but it felt cramped.

OCEAN TERRACE (Sheraton Waikiki): AWESOME Saturday night lobster, prime rib buffet. We last went, just because during the Spring of 2007.

PIKAKE TERRACE (Princess Kaiulani Hotel): One year it was our family dinner buffet every Friday night, which turned into an extended family dinner. The atmosphere is great, entertainment is energetic, and the food is a buffet of lobster, crab, raw fish, prime rib, and more! Our daughter's halau performs every Friday evening, and well you know where we'll be!

WILLOWS: I have to echo the sentiments of everyone else, it's just AWESOME! The Sunday buffet is a mixture of breakfast, hawaiian food, and crab legs! The entertainment is table side, the garden feel is relaxing, and we are planning Mother's Day there 2008.

MAKINO CHAYAS and TODAIS: Unfortunately, we've lost the flavor for their food and atmosphere.

TSUKIJI'S: Is our next stop for NOE and I during school hours. :D Hopefully by then they will have resolved any customer service issues.

And, that's our experiences and recommendations with buffets!

cynsaligia
October 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM
Interesting. I just got a glowing recommendation for Tsukiji at Ala Moana's Hookipa Terrace. My mom loved the food, and she usually eats like a bird. I mean, 99 percent of the time, a buffet is a waste for her, but apparently the selection and the quality of grinds actually prompted her to stuff herself silly.

She got the same impression I did (just checking it out, walking by one day) about the service: poor and borderline abusive. But, I guess if the food's that good, it doesn't matter.

May be going there for my birthday (kids under ten, it's alleged, dine free).

Our family hits a buffet for one of the celebratory days of the year here's our experience:

TSUKIJI'S: Is our next stop for NOE and I during school hours. :D Hopefully by then they will have resolved any customer service issues.

now that parc cafe has closed *sob!*, the only buffet on this island i have even a thread of a yearning to return to is tsukiji's. if you go, i highly recommend having lunch and sitting at the bar instead of one of the regular tables, which might alleviate the poor service problem (how much service do you need at a buffet anyway? *shrug*). i've been there three times (twice to have the buffet; the third only to eat sushi from the sushi bar). each time, the bartender helped make the experience enjoyable by providing welcome conversation, refilling our glasses and clearing table space as we noshed. despite the bar being an afterthought to the place (when you get there, you'll come to that very obvious conclusion, too), they have quite a decent sake selection. also, sitting at the bar will make your dining experience more peaceful and scenic since you'll be away from most of the bustle of the regular tables and you can look out the window to enjoy the mauka view.

they do have a separate sushi bar, and the sushi bar definitely serves much better sushi than the buffet, but that should be a no-brainer. if i remember correctly, tsukiji has the rare hon maguro (http://www.kisra.net/articles/maguro/index.htm) at the sushi bar. they offer the usual sushi and poke suspects on the buffet side - maguro, hamachi, salmon, and so on.

that said, the sushi at the buffet is good enough. the sushi, along with the kal-bi, various japanese veggies, tempura (veggie and shrimp), curry, croquettes and chicken karaage are what i load upon my plate. they also have fresh mochi. i did note that a japanese couple ate nothing but the made-to-order noodle soups so i guess that means they were good (i generally don't load up on the starchy stuff--protein & veggies are where i go unless there's a starchy item that's really good and hard to come by outside of that particular buffet). cold things were as cold as they should be; hot items were quite hot. the fried items like tempura as well as the kalbi are prepared in relatively small batches so they're never soggy or stale or rubbery. remember that this is mostly a japanese place, not a local japanese place, so don't expect the shrimp tempura to have that fluffy, cakey batter, but at least its wysiwyg - no false advertising as to the size of the shrimp inside the batter. besides the small batch thing, food turnover is relatively quick, which adds to the freshness.

i suggest that you don't bother with the soft serve ice cream. i think it's a couple bucks on top of the buffet price. besides, i'd go for the crepes anyway (included in the buffet price and made to order). i'm not a crepey person--you'll practically never see me order one--but when i tried a bite of eric's orange marmalade crepe, i swooned and ran to get my own because the sweet versus tart and the texture of the crepe seduced me so. i didn't really bother with the regular salad items or the dessert tray but they did look good and i heard one woman whine when she went up to the desserts, found all the strawberry cake pieces gone, and was told they weren't going to bring out anymore because the buffet was going to close shortly.

they also have a robata bar, but the first two times i went, it wasn't completed and the third time, the exhaust system wasn't working properly so they shut it down just as we sat at the bar.

by the way, the only difference between the lunch and dinner buffet besides the price (about $18 for lunch and about $30 for dinner, i think), is that at lunch you don't get crab or prime rib and during lunch, and you won't get to enjoy live music. we were told the last time we went some months ago that they were going to start a jazz night. strangely, the stage for performers is above the bar.

anyway, i'd say for the $18 per person price, the lunch buffet is a reasonably good value. for sushi at the mall, it's okay - better than genki in terms of fish quality but not as varied, and pricier.

i will say that i've heard from several people to stay away from the buffet across tsukiji, kyoto osho, if for nothing else but that cold stuff not cold, hot stuff not hot.

Kungpao
October 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Raise the dead post!:D

What are your guys' opinions on The Oceanarium for Sunday dinner? The menu looks decent but I've read mixed reviews so I thought i'd ask the experts!!

I've read anywhere from the food being "mediocre" to being "awsome". Then there was this "time limit" that I read in a review somewhere. 's that true?

SusieMisajon
October 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
You guys can still afford to eat out?!

cyleet99
October 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
What with gas prices and grocery prices and electric bills, eating out is often about the same price, especially when you can choose the good stuff at a buffet and be with your family.

When we moved here, I was surprised at how much my friends ate out, but now see why. By the time you figure all the extraneous cost plus fighting traffic to get home to do the cooking (get tired of crockpot or stirfry all the time) it's definitely more relaxing.

tutusue
October 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
In addition to what cyleet wrote...I know folks, including myself, who are dining out less often and choosing restaurants that offer specials.

Susie, people aren't nixing dining out altogether. They're adapting according to their own personal financial situations. And, every situation is different.

sophielynette
October 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
If I ate all my meals from the McDonalds value menu it would cost about the same as groceries, although I can't say my doctor would approve.

My grandmother retired from cooking not long ago. They only eat at restaurants now. It boggles my mind.

Kungpao
October 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM
Well... yeah. We've been saving since last year for this vacation. We're good at keeping a budget and haven't been anywhere to relax at all. Work is killing me and my wife and I feel that we've earned it. Plus, it gives me time to enjoy being with my parents who live in Illinois. So while we may be cutting back on things at home, that doesn't mean we are poor. I have a co-worker who eats out for lunch every single day. Pick and choose the things in life to enjoy and make us happy. Vacation in Hawaii and good food are 2 of those things for us.

So Oceanarium Restaurant... Sunday Dinner? Yes? Stay away?

tutusue
October 21st, 2008, 05:32 PM
[...]
So Oceanarium Restaurant... Sunday Dinner? Yes? Stay away?
I've only been there for breakfast and it was fine. I think Auntie Lynn went there for a family meal. Hopefully she'll chime in.

LikaNui
October 21st, 2008, 07:58 PM
I've eaten there several times, usually taking visitors from the mainland. It was okay. Not five-star, but not horrible. However, I haven't been there recently, so things could easily change one way or the other.
Even if the food turns out to be just average, it's a whole lot of fun sitting in front of that massive aquarium. Unless you have something like that in your home town, go for it.

sophielynette
October 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Even if the food turns out to be just average, it's a whole lot of fun sitting in front of that massive aquarium.

Sitting in front of a massive aquarium while the inhabitants watch you devour their friends and family? Sounds classy :p

LikaNui
October 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Sitting in front of a massive aquarium while the inhabitants watch you devour their friends and family? Sounds classy :p On the other hand, you might be devouring their enemies, thereby doing them a favor!

Kungpao
November 5th, 2008, 04:22 AM
The Oceanarium was quite good. I certainly ate my money's worth in poke and sushi alone. Sunday menu was a little misleading. Suckling Pig wasn't suckling, it was just roast pig cubed. Tasty... but misleading. And the "dim sum" was missing "some" lol. There were only 2 or 3 dim sum items in my book. Crab legs were phenomenal. Prime rib was juicy and flavorful, and desert was decadent.

The Aquarium was nice in and of itself. We got to see feeding time with a diver in there putting out big cards that read happy birthday's along the glass for the b-day parties.

I'd go again.

Jake's Ohana
November 5th, 2008, 07:54 AM
My ohana enjoys Tsukiji's. The buffet was amazing. The food stations reminded me of my visit to the Rio Buffet in Las Vegas. The buffet stations are amazing with some good tasting food.

kiwidiva
May 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM
The Mother's Day Brunch Buffet that I want to go to is... SOLD OUT! Anyone know where I can get tix for the Mother's Day Island Style Buffet Brunch at the Pacific Beach Hotel? I told hubby weeks ago that's where I wanted to go but he didn't book the tix and now there are none! I wanted to go for the entertainment but was hoping the food would be good too (I'm a big fan of the Oceanarium).

Hubby's been working hard and feels really bad that he procrastinated but he mistakenly thought that in this economy, people wouldn't willingly pay $65 - $85 for brunch! Now, I'm scrambling trying to make a Mother's Day brunch reservation the day before Mother's Day!

ALL I WANT FOR MOTHER'S DAY IS A BRUNCH THAT HAS OYSTERS AND MIMOSAS! Is that too much to ask?

wowlaulau
June 1st, 2009, 10:22 PM
If you're into Japanese food, I recommend Hakone at Hawaii Prince Hotel! Everything is delicious!

helen
January 28th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Went to the Pagoda Floating Restaurant (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpost.php?p=250567&postcount=471) for dinner tonight. Turns out they sort of scaled back on when they operate. For dinner it's only Wednesday thru Sunday. For breakfast they are only open on Saturday and Sunday, with a Sunday brunch.