Pope Benedict XVI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Benedict XVI

This morning (Hawai'i Time), the white smoke came out of the smoke stack at the Vatican proclaiming the new pope. Confusion as the bells didn't ring when the smoke appeard. Wasn't long when the confirmation was made and the enormous crowds erupted in jubilation!

According to news reports, he believes in the traditional teachings and will stick to the old Doctrine. I find it interesting at this point as a former Catholic, what the new Pope will bring to the Catholic Church. No reforming to modern times will only bring more division within the church.

His age 78 years old is also a factor. I thought they would have chose someone younger. I thought they would have chosen someone from Italy.

I wish him well and God's Blessing. Now to wait and see.

Aunty Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    This morning (Hawai'i Time), the white smoke came out of the smoke stack at the Vatican proclaiming the new pope. Confusion as the bells didn't ring when the smoke appeard. Wasn't long when the confirmation was made and the enormous crowds erupted in jubilation!

According to news reports, he believes in the traditional teachings and will stick to the old Doctrine. I find it interesting at this point as a former Catholic, what the new Pope will bring to the Catholic Church. No reforming to modern times will only bring more division within the church.

His age 78 years old is also a factor. I thought they would have chose someone younger. I thought they would have chosen someone from Italy.

I wish him well and God's Blessing. Now to wait and see.

Aunty Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Because he was considered a conservative "by the book" strict interpreter of the Bible probably means the American Catholic churches are going to have to toe the line in order to curry favor with the Vatican. The good thing is he's already 78, so his Papacy might only be for a few more years. They were talking about looking for a transitional leader, and maybe following the Doctrines strictly for a few more years won't hurt American Catholics too much. I was kinda hoping they'd elect the Nigerian Cardinal or the one from South America, where the Catholic religion is growing so rapidly.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

FAQs about the new Pope Bernard XVI. During WWII, he was a Nazi defector who became a US POW.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mahalo Miulang...only you can. Oh! I contacted the Ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Because he was considered a conservative "by the book" strict interpreter of the Bible probably means the American Catholic churches are going to have to toe the line in order to curry favor with the Vatican. The good thing is he's already 78, so his Papacy might only be for a few more years. They were talking about looking for a transitional leader, and maybe following the Doctrines strictly for a few more years won't hurt American Catholics too much. I was kinda hoping they'd elect the Nigerian Cardinal or the one from South America, where the Catholic religion is growing so rapidly.
          Well, as you pointed out, there'll probably be another conclave by the end of the decade or early next...there'll be a next time.
          http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

thoghts for the new Pope...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...otes042005.DTL

Comment

According to Hal Lindsey (Author of The Late Great Planet Earth and Minister), this 111th pope will have a short run with his successor the 112th to mark the end of days according to Revelations. This 112th pope will have Jewish roots apparently and it has some significant message there in meaning this Jew who will rule the Roman nation will see the second coming of Jesus a set of circumstances similar to Jesus' initial crucification.

So if the 112th pope is of Jewish ancestry or faith and becomes the 112th Pope, according to revelations, this should mark the return of Christ and as the bumper sticker said: In case of Rapture, this car will be unmanned.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Deleted by me, Auntie Lynn

Reason: too heavy
                Last edited by 1stwahine; April 20, 2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Pope, why is Christian music still so patently awful? Do you know? Oh, I know, there's all these quasi-hip new Christian rock bands and drug- and alcohol- and debauchery- and nipple-clamp-free Christian rock festivals drawing tens of thousands of completely sanitized teens, and sure the songs no longer have to mention Jesus or the word savior, or Lord, or "Don't touch my genitals" in the lyrics like, five hundred times to make it clear they don't have much fun in life, but still. Christian rock is an oxymoron, Benedict. Forever and always.
                  Thanks for the link, Kimo. Man, that guy is definitely going to hell. I laughed... and have been watching out for lightning strikes ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Thanks for the link, Kimo. Man, that guy is definitely going to hell. I laughed... and have been watching out for lightning strikes ever since.
                    [/size]
                    Oh, Morford would tell you that Hell is a much more interesting place. It's a good thing he's used to getting hate mail, because he's gonna get a ton. Maybe as much as "Time" magazine is gonna get for putting Ann Coulter on its cover this week.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      ...Jew who will rule the Roman nation will see the second coming of Jesus a set of circumstances similar to Jesus' initial crucification.

QUOTE(Tomorrow Wendy by Concrete Blonde)
                      I told the priest, "Don't count on any Second Coming.
                      God got his ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming."

Comment

According to Hal Lindsey (Author of The Late Great Planet Earth and Minister), this 111th pope will have a short run with his successor the 112th to mark the end of days according to Revelations. This 112th pope will have Jewish roots apparently and it has some significant message there in meaning this Jew who will rule the Roman nation will see the second coming of Jesus a set of circumstances similar to Jesus' initial crucification.

So if the 112th pope is of Jewish ancestry or faith and becomes the 112th Pope, according to revelations, this should mark the return of Christ and as the bumper sticker said: In case of Rapture, this car will be unmanned.
                        Well, first off, he can't count. This is the 265th pope, counting from St. Peter. No argument that his reign is going to be short, though.
                        http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

I'm not sure when he started counting...Vatican II possibly? Who knows. But Christ was crucified for it was written. It ain't written that way for his sequel!

I'm a Christian but I wonder what Heaven is like. For some reason I envision Lawrence Welk and his orchestra playing Montovani music. Hmmmm I wonder what Hell will be playing...MTV?
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'm a Christian but I wonder what Heaven is like.
                            spoken as if christians don't usually wonder?

For some reason I envision Lawrence Welk and his orchestra playing Montovani music. Hmmmm I wonder what Hell will be playing...MTV?
                            No. Hell is listening to Welk & orchestra.
                            and to Mantovani yelling: "Dammit! They can't remember my name!"
                            Last edited by kimo55; April 22, 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X