X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDT okay by Greenpeace and WWF!

Amazing this article from the Hawaii Free Press Apr 21st:

Greenpeace, WWF quietly dump anti-DDT Agenda

Spokesmen for Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Fund, activist groups that have led the effort to ban worldwide use of the pesticide DDT, have admitted to the New York Times that DDT may be necessary and desirable after all.

"South Africa was right to use DDT, " said WWF spokesperson Richard Liroff. "If the alternatives to DDT aren't working, as they weren't in South Africa, geez, you've got to use it. In South Africa it prevented tens of thousands of Malaria cases and saved lots of lives".

Greenpeace spokesperson Rick Hind agreed. "If there's nothing else and it's going to save lives, we're all for it. Nobody's dogmatic about it."

This original story came from a Jan 8th 2005 New York Times article by columnist Nicholas Kristoff and reported by James Hoare at www.heartland.org, printed in the latest Hawaii Free Press.

Amazing story! I remember when I was in high school and my Social Studies teacher told us if we joined Greenpeace (back in the 70's) he'd give us an automatic "A". I earned mine from that asshole.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.
Working...
X