End Of Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Of Times?

On the other thread Pope Benedict XVI, it started to become an exchange for Pope Jokes. I am not a Catholic. However, I respect everyone's spiritual beliefs even when they don't have one. I am a Christian and I do believe there is a GOD and that only through his son, Jesus can I be saved.

There have been many times in my life that I have hated God. One, being the death of my husband. I hated going to church and didn't understand the sermons cause I didn't want to. Today, that has changed for many reasons to explain.

I am not writing or trying to convience anyone to believe. Last days or End Of Times has been mentioned lately. I did a google and found an interesting site by Miles Stir. http://www.endtimesreport.com/ or http://www.endtimesreport.com/prophecy.html
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 21, 2005, 11:44 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: End Of Times?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    There have been many times in my life that I have hated God.
    well, I hear he's not too happy about some of us 'down here' either.
    I am not writing or trying to convience anyone to believe. Last days or End Of Times has been mentioned lately.
    "Time" does not end.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      "Time" does not end.
      Sure it does. It began once, didn't it? One day it'll end. I just don't think it'll be as soon as Aunty Lynn thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        It began once, didn't it?
        nope. a measure of 'time', yea, sure. But not 'time' itself.

Comment

Whatever time it will be. Now, tomarrow or twenty years from now...I am ready. While in my grave, I shall wake to the glorious 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. It's not what time I think it will occur. Nobody knows for certain. It is all by God's time, his time and our time is quite different from all accounts.

Ok, I btter go take a Lithium and Dapakote. I'm getting manic.

Love and aloha,

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
          Last edited by 1stwahine; April 21, 2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

ok, say this "end of times" actually comes.
            and it is based on a certain leader of a relatively young religion. "jesus the christ."

Will this affect, to any degree (and if so, how?); other peoples of other countries and cultures, who have followed even earlier, much older religions and THEIR leaders? such as Gautama the Buddah.
            Zorosaster.
            Khrishna.
            K'ung Fu Tzu
            and all other deities, gods and goddesses from time immemorial.

Comment

Bro Kimo, I admit I am not an expert in this field of what you want to know. I only know from what I have learned, seen and have gone through my whole life...the awesome feelings of being touched by the holy spirit is beyond words or explanation. I've witness my own late husband's excitement to go to heaven and begging to stop his tube feedings.

Yes, many religions are far older that the one I believe in, which is simply that, "No one shall go before the father (GOD) but through his son, Jesus Christ." "Ask in the name of his son, Jesus, and it shall be granted."

So I will not further dispute what ever you may have to say on religion. It's your right and the way you view spiritual beliefs. Christianity vs other Religions. One day when we shall all see, if and when that "time" comes.

Aunty Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Yes, many religions are far older that the one I believe in, which is simply that, "No one shall go before the father (GOD) but through his son, Jesus Christ." "Ask in the name of his son, Jesus, and it shall be granted."

Can you envision the possibility of another religion's verse from their holy scripture going sumpin la deess:

"No one shall go before the father (GOD) but through his son, Gautama Buddah." "Ask in the name of his son, Gautama, and it shall be granted."

and if so, would that be less real than others? and why?
                and if not, why not.
                and if maybe, why maybe.

Comment

Gob bless you BroKimo. May the Holy Spirit touch you and make you see the truth and the light. Have a beautiful day.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

May the Holy Spirit touch you

aaahhh yes. wholly spirits. wheah's dat martini!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      Can you envision the possibility of another religion's verse from their holy scripture going sumpin la deess:

"No one shall go before the father (GOD) but through his son, Gautama Buddah." "Ask in the name of his son, Gautama, and it shall be granted."

and if so, would that be less real than others? and why?
                      and if not, why not.
                      and if maybe, why maybe.
                      Throughout history there have been many wise, fearless of authority or other
                      non-conformist persons. The thing with Jesus is that He didn't show any attributes of insanity while stating that He was "The Way". Second: He didn't go for mankind's type of power or material gain which granted others also have not. Third: It's documented in Roman history of the true healing of the sick, lame, blind, etc. And lastly that He really isn't in the tomb of His burial. The old Testament has hundreds of prophesys that Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled. Some that were definitely beyond a mere man's control. So these things are why I believe that He is the Messiah (Christ). Amen
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                        The thing with Jesus is that He didn't show any attributes of insanity while stating that He was "The Way".

and you were there to gain ocular proof and personal confirmation of his sanity level?

do not ever forget; the gospels of jesus were written down ages after his death. By his followers. Who were physically able to claim any thing they want. and they did.
                        Think about it; they were not even around when he said "boo!".

and also do not ever forget the Bible and all its versions have been written and rewritten through the ages by monks who did nothing allll day long but hand write the dern thing over and over.
                        How fallible do you think they were?

As the bible has been translated and retranslated over and over through the ages, mathematical averages tell us errors will occur. The bible is not the word of god. It is the words of man (many men) who think they remember what some other dudes said this one dude may have said. and then, this went through the multitudinous translations and tampering until our modern age, where we have the most popular; the King James Bible. Nowhere near a shadow of the Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek original.
                        But don't forget: the first translation of the English Bible was initiated in 1388. Heck of a long time after the death of the guy they are quoting.

At the Second Council of Constantinople many passages and gospels were eradicated completely from the Bible for many reasons; quell arguments and divisiveness among and between churches and factions... get rid of much writings that just may offer the opportunity for the masses to gain too much knowledge = power...
                        (after all, the masses must be subjugate to the Church, lest it lose control over the minds of the proletariat. And we see the church has done a damn good job of keeping the lemmings in line; they have them chanting in unison; "God said it, I believe it and that settles it.")

Can you imagine a Bible almost twice the size it is now?
                        This could be YOUR bible. Instead it is in the form its in now because of simple human decisions. Judgements and dictates made by guys with their own agendas and of course, egos and human fallability, guys no better nor worse than anyone reading this.
                        Last edited by kimo55; June 7, 2005, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Kimo,
                          You are right that the bible may have been altered and changed to fit our livelihood. It was said that when Jesus was around a historian named Josephus Flavious documented and wrote a statement about Jesus being a new radicle. Inside of his statements, one of em mentioned something about Jesus being a healer but some scholars have conflicting debates as to wether he really wrote it, becuase as one scholar said it looked like it was secretly etched in. Christianity itself is an intermingling of Pagan holidays to get Some of the pagans to convert. But when I think of Christianity I think of what the Conquestidors(don't know if I spelled it right) did to the Mayans and the Aztecs, making them into slave's destroying their wonderful culture and slaughtering their village leaders all in pursuit of gold, and claiming land. That was not godly of them. But where you are coming from is from a biased point of veiw. Of course their is a lot of great religions dating back well before Christianity ever made it's triumphant appearance, of which I respect. These religions became the guidlines of peoples lives and the make up of their society, and establshment of their culture. Christianity is by in someways the samething, as before. It doesn't matter if you believe or if you have dogmatic beliefs about it or not. As long as people question the here after we will always have religions to answer it, but even with an answer you never know truelly untill you die and when you do die you can't come back to let other's know their is something after death because you would be alive. By beleiving in something greater give's a man purpose but not necessarily, but by beieving in himself. I respect Christianity because I have friend's who are Christian who have character, and are willing to help out with whatever problems I have. Yet I have friends who are aethius, Buddhis, what not and so forth who are good people. But if you should email again than I know you are seeking answers that you will never get from a book, from word of mouth, it is you who have to establish truth in yourself as to what you are and what you believe in.
                          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Wow Kimo,
                            I just wrote why "I" believe. You have the right to your own opinions. Attacking me and my personal beliefs in written form along with mocking all Christians is out of line. All religions have wonderful followers as well as people that aren't living their faith. It took 500 years before the first writings were done on Atila the Hun and most historians believe the life of Atila is acurate. It was only a few years after Jesus' death that the first writings happened. And many people that were there and knew all about it were still alive. I'm going back to writing poems. Have a great day.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

i believe in dioxyribonucleic acid and subatomic particles and quasars and neanderthals and the cenozoic era.
                              i don't believe in gods or ghosts and religions or superstitions.
                              with the growth in scientific knowledge and high tech gadgetry,man still has not evolved beyond that caveman who believed in spirits and that the sun was a god.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
                              Carl Sagan

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
                              Carl Sagan
                              free hawaii!hawaii sovereignty now!

Comment

Working...
                              X