HGEA binding arbitration award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGEA binding arbitration award

Can anyone point me to a copy of the actual report that the arbitration panel wrote, in which they made the arbitration award to HGEA? HGEA's web site at least gives the details of the award, which is more than the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin do:

Two arbitration panels have awarded pay raises and step movements to the state's 27,050 employees in Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 13 for their 2005-2007 contracts. The award for 25,683 state and county employees in Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 13 includes:
    * 3.5 percent increases for Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 13 on October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006.
    * Step movements for eligible employees of Units 2, 3, 4 and 13 from July 1, 2005, to June 30, 2007.
    * Step movements for eligible employees of Units 6 and 8 on January 1, 2006, and January 1, 2007.
    But what I'd like to know is, what are the arguments that HGEA and the State made regarding the dispute? And what was the panel's rationale for their decision? It seems like the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin just do this he-said-she-said reporting, but they never go to the panel's actual report. I wonder why not? It's odd that such an important document isn't on somebody's web site already.

Re: HGEA binding arbitration award

It's speculation on my part, but it might be part of the agreement that the report NOT be released to the public. It might only be available to union members and state negotiators.

Kind of like out-of-court settlements where both parties agree that details not be made public.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Re: HGEA binding arbitration award

I don't think that the arbitration award is a secret. Last year I managed to get my hands on a PDF of the 3/26/04 Decision and Award (which covers 7/1/03 - 6/30/05) from HGEA's web site, but I don't remember exactly where I found it or when I was able to get it. And after I printed a hardcopy, I lost the PDF.

My point still remains that the news media usually doesn't actually report on what the arbitrators have said; it's easier to just do the talking heads thing and quote the opposing sides, instead of doing independent research.
      Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; April 25, 2005, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X