Auto Shipping and Emissions Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Shipping and Emissions Questions

I have this idea in the back of my head to drive cross country then have the car shipped over to O'ahu. So who would you reccomend for automotive shipping?

In my free time I like to get involved in SCCA Solo II racing. I was excited to see that the local chapter uses Hawaii Raceway Park. So my car doubles as a daily driver and a weekend fun machine. Thats where I come to the emissions question. My car has a highflow cat and exhaust and I want to know what type of regulations there are for passing the state tests.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Auto Shipping and Emissions Questions

If it has four wheels and the blinkers work that's pretty much the state test. As for Solo II make sure you got a good roll cage, helmut, blah blah but you know that already. Ed Kemper I believe has some association with the SCCA over on Oahu. You can reach him at www.starbulletin.com and look for his Friday section in the paper called Wheels (formerly Island Driver). He's also a lawyer and drives many cars including a Detomaso Pantera.

If you need to hook up with a good tuner shop or accessories shop, let me know.

As for shipping, Matson and a new carrier is running vehicles cross the Pacific.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
    X