Island Tenants On The Rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Tenants On The Rise

I have to share with what just happen. As I was sitting down (as usual) in front of Mr. Right (my computer), a man comes to my door. An elderly man. He says if I have any problems. Shock and wanting to say something from my book of words, yet, respecting him cause he is old. I stand up and cautiously approach him. MAMA looks worried and doesn't know what I'm going to do.

I asked the gentlemen for any ID or documentation as to who he represents and the agency. He grabs his bag on rollers and tells me he just ran out of cards. Just when I was ready to tell him some words, he grabs this ID on the side which states the following: Island Tenants On The Rise, HUD (Housing Urban Developing) Agency. Sison Suda, email: islandtenants@yahoo.com

They help tenants of Federally Funded Homes and the Homeless. It's fairly new so if you know of someone who can use their assistance, please forward the information. Mahalo.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Island Tenants On The Rise

Now that's customer service. I'm glad our tax dollars are being utilized this way. This is good that these people will take the time and come out to you instead of you having to come to them in their air conditioned offices.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      They help tenants of Federally Funded Homes and the Homeless. It's fairly new so if you know of someone who can use their assistance, please forward the information. Mahalo.

How do they help?

Comment

Well, Mr. Sison told me if I had any problems with living here at MWH. He went to to say anything regarding from management to the Micronesian youths. I told him, I can and have been handling it on my own.

For others it is an alternative and a big help in voicing their concerns. Some are afraid or not aware that they can file a complait without worrying about any repercussions from anyone, especially management.

As for the Homeless, you can call or email their office and ask.

I agree with Craig, that at least our tax dollars are being put into good use for once.

Comment

Ahhh, okay... thanks!

So I take it that a private company manages MWH?

Comment

heheheheheh, that's funny cezanne. No, it's a state run agency called Housing and Community Development Corporation of Hawaii...known more as HCDCH. It used to be called Hawaii Housing Authority several years ago, then some donkey or donkeys decided to change and make the name even longer. maybe to confuse the tenants more. HUD comes twice a year to check if things are in order and gives the State money from Federal funds.

MWH is better than it used to be. Only the pot holes are a biggie to me, now. You think the pot holes are bad on the street, come take a look at MWH. Let me know if you come, bumby you get bust up! Nah, only joke!

Malama pono,

Comment

So that guy works for the Feds or the State?

Comment

Cezanne, you make Auntie go find out for you. Ok, I sent an email to islandtenants@yahoo.com

Aloha, I recently posted a message on hawaii threads regarding the services you provide. A fellow poster asked me several questions which I think I answered pretty well. His last question is somewhat hard for me to answer. He wants to know if Mr. Sison Suda works for the Federal or State. I would assume that Mr. Suda either works or volunteers for HUD, which is a Federal Agency. Am I correct. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
                1stWahine(momthreesoldiers)
                Lynn Vasquez,ND-PMTS

I will let you know what they say.

Mr. Suda didn't show. Apparently, MWH Tenant Association and Tenant's On The Rise don't get along. I found out that Tenant's On The Rise was the agency that was responsible for the beautification of Palolo Housing.
                Last edited by 1stwahine; April 27, 2005, 07:28 PM. Reason: News Update

Comment

I recieved the following email from Mariko Oshiro of Tenants On The Rise.

Hi Lyn,

Mr. Sisan Suda does not work for the State or Federal, nor does he work for HUD. He works for Island Tenants On the Rise.

My responce to that...
                  which is a private company doing good for the less fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Cezanne, you make Auntie go find out for you. Ok, I sent an email to islandtenants@yahoo.com

(snip)

I will let you know what they say.

Mr. Suda didn't show. Apparently, MWH Tenant Association and Tenant's On The Rise don't get along. I found out that Tenant's On The Rise was the agency that was responsible for the beautification of Palolo Housing.
                    Oh sorry about all the questions! I didn't know the guy was just as mysterious to you too. Thanks for finding out .

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                      Oh sorry about all the questions! I didn't know the guy was just as mysterious to you too. Thanks for finding out .

Still waiting for another reply. Makes me start wondering about even more! Sometimes all waa'ha!

Comment

Working...
                      X