Foster Parents need helping hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster Parents need helping hand...

In the Honolulu Advertiser this morning, section B, theres a picture of a lady (Annette Flores) whose three foster children are clinging on to her. That lady is my sister. I shared with you of an incident which my sister asked for my assistance in handling Akela and all I had to do was give him one look.

To all the Foster parents out there who go beyond what they have to do...mahalo nui loa. I applaud your patience and love that you share with them.

To my sisiter, Annette and brother-inlaw Moki, job well done. 63 children? no, they got that wrong...plus my three = 65!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Foster Parents need helping hand...

It seems to me there's more than one good heart in your family. It is alway nice to share the love.

Aloha to you and your sister
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      It seems to me there's more than one good heart in your family. It is alway nice to share the love.

Aloha to you and your sister
      heheheheheheh, I was so excited, I didn't count right. I ment to say, they got that wrong. Instead of 63, it's 66. make A.

alohabear, thank you for your kind words.

Comment

Wait till the grandkids come around!!! And you tink you broke now!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I've been silent too long.

My sister and brother in-law have been taking care of a foster child since he was several months old. He is a drug baby and has Mental Illness. Even with love, aloha and a secure upbringing ~ he still has become quite hard to deal with.

For the past two years, he has been going in and out of the doors of courts, institutions, other Foster Care Homes. He ran away from ALL or created CHAOS. Each time my sister and brother in-in-law took him back with open arms because NOBODY wanted him.

This past week, he struck my sister down and threaten the whole family including the other Foster Children. He told her he met a 27 year old woman and had sex with her twice. She wanted to take care of him NOW! She is SICK! But das another story.

HPD was called. This morning they all went in front of the Judge. He ordered my sister and brother in-law to take him to the doctors or they would be charged. Eh! they don't want nuttin to do with him anymoa!!! He is a danger to ALL of them.

Something is wrong with the System!!!!

I've asked my sister to let him stay with me. Give me one week...I know how to deal with him. After all, who can better understand his affliction. But I can't. I'm considered a NO! NO! I struck my daughter many years ago when she yelled and swore at me at her High School. Last year, I received a letter from CPS stating I can't care for any minor children due to that incident. Yeah, took them that loong.

Too bad. My daughter thanked me last night for how I raised her and my grandson kisses me through-out the day and night when I watch him. I don't believe in hitting a child...however, sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do. Maybe, das why today our youth is turning into a bunch of uncontrollable brats who tink dey ALL DAT!

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; January 4, 2007, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            I don't believe in hitting a child...however, sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.
            Which is why I'm against banning corporal punishment. Yes, it can be overdone but you don't want to take away the last resort discipline from the parents. They might need it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              Which is why I'm against banning corporal punishment. Yes, it can be overdone but you don't want to take away the last resort discipline from the parents. They might need it.
              Exactly. No one deserves to be hit. Especially, children. However, gone are the days when children and teenagers had respect for their elders, property and law enforcement. I'm not saying ALL Children today don't. Fortunately, there are Ohanas who still instill morals and values into their children. Fortunately, there are parents and grandparents who make sure quality time is spent with their children to insure an upbringing essential for a better generation of well balanced and productive citizens.

Unfortunately, we can't be with them 24/7. However, what we instill in their minds will deter them away from whatever junk there is out there. It is our only hope.

Corporal Punishment? I hate to use it. But as parent and grandmother ~ yes, sometimes...you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Thing is...it always hurts me moa. Foa the record, the last time I used it was MANY, MANY YEARS AGO!

Corporal punishment? Nah. Was General Pupule's!

My kids turned out to be SODIERS!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
              X