Class & courses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class & courses...

Have any one of you have/had any trouble at one point or another in searching for a perticular subject to take in a (or any) school?

I have!. I was looking in every school adult educations, & collages....pretty much everywhere else I could think of. I was in search for a higher level(s) in sign language course, but no one wants to have it, or teach it at all. I came accross Farrington, they told me that, since both level one & two are both small, they had decided to just combine the the 2, & also they are using the same book I used, when I took the first level in Kaimuki in 2/1-3/31. So I decided not go & take their classes, as I think that it wouldn't benefit me, to begin with. My husband recommended to me that I take it in KCC, because, they were the only school/collage that would have it, in this Island. I have called all around, & I am sure that KCC is the only one who will have that class (sign language courses in higher levels ). I am so amazed that every school in this island will have other language courses/classes, but singling out sign language course!. I would think that, that type of subject would be very important enough that some amount of people would want to persue to be an interpreter for the deaf!. I am sure most of us would rather take it here in Honolulu Hawaii, than move to the states to just take it. I am very disapointed in the school system(s) here.

Does any one have the same feeling as I do, or has any one come accross a subject that they like, & no one is willing to teach it?.

I think, I am thinking at this point, when I become fluent in my signing, I will perhaps go into a field of interpreting for the deaf & either raise funds to find teachers to teach to students, or worse comes to worse, I might sign up to teach other students myself for the higher level courses.

Any one else have a comment on this??
    Please feel free to do so.

Thank you & Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.
Working...
X