Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

local government steals MORE of your money. do you care?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local government steals MORE of your money. do you care?!

Like an annoying song that ya can't get outta yer head, the image of this ugly very poorly designed and overly costly hawaii kai sign I see every day I can't seem to shake. and it's getting worse;

it will cost us more money.
    Taxpayers will have to pay an additional $26,000 to fix problems with a crumbling community sign at the entrance to Hawai'i Kai.

The city has plans to fix the sign in Hawai'i Kai, which has a crack because of vandalism. at least they claim it is becuase of vandalism. "People (plural) sitting on the sign". But anyone can see you dont create a half circle sign and not expect it to break somewhere. And it did. And to justify stealing OUR money, they tell us, we must pay for the ficticious vandal's work. and NOT the poor workmanship of the contractor who create this piece of junk.

Does the city take us for idiots!?

stupid question.
    of COURSE they do.
    they have been fooling us for so long, why should they stop now!?
    Why would the city ans state level with us and act responsible with our money? Why start now?

is there NO accountability in government?! of course not!

The 2-year-old sign cost us $117,623. So far.
    First it faced the wrong way. and the rocks were the wrong color, and 'okina was wrong.

We need nothing more than a nice island style signage like Kalama valley has. NOT a hollow plastic cheap piece of crap better suited for dizzyland. And Nuuanu well, that's the same foolishness on an even bigger scale.

Can we we eradicate these keystone kops running our islands somehow?!
    Last edited by kimo55; May 4, 2005, 11:38 AM.

Re: local government steals MORE of your money. do you care?!

You know what else is stupid? The company that's doing the repairs on the sign is the one that screwed up initially!

Sheesh. Talk about Keystone Kops...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X