What you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think?

What do you think about people that make promises that they don't keep? Or the other half that wants to go home, but won't do what it takes to stay! We left the island for cheaper living but gave up Ohana!!!!! It is almost time to go home home and the hubby wants to live island style without the job. Thinks things are the same as before!!! Live off the land, keep expenses low and everything okay!! Not reality today. Happy to come home, but scared to live! Kimo and 1stwahine, sorry for the salty intro, have read your posts, wisdom to the fullest!! Help a Aina come home!!! and motivate the husband to bring home the bacon!!!!!!
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Re: What you think?

Originally posted by Cnecki
    What do you think about people that make promises that they don't keep? Or the other half that wants to go home, but won't do what it takes to stay! We left the island for cheaper living but gave up Ohana!!!!! It is almost time to go home home and the hubby wants to live island style without the job. Thinks things are the same as before!!! Live off the land, keep expenses low and everything okay!! Not reality today. Happy to come home, but scared to live! Kimo and 1stwahine, sorry for the salty intro, have read your posts, wisdom to the fullest!! Help a Aina come home!!! and motivate the husband to bring home the bacon!!!!!!
    If the hubby is independently wealthy or if you already have a home in the 'aina that you can live in rent-free, then I think you could probably get by. But if you plan on having to rent or buy housing fuggedaboutit. At least there seems to be a job glut if he wants and can qualify for a City/County job.

Things most definitely are not the same as when you last lived in Hawai'i, but then again, the expression "you can't go home again" would probably hold true for anyone returning to someplace they lived a long time ago.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      If the hubby is independently wealthy or if you already have a home in the 'aina that you can live in rent-free, then I think you could probably get by. But if you plan on having to rent or buy housing fuggedaboutit. At least there seems to be a job glut if he wants and can qualify for a City/County job.

Things most definitely are not the same as when you last lived in Hawai'i, but then again, the expression "you can't go home again" would probably hold true for anyone returning to someplace they lived a long time ago.

Miulang
      Ya the Daddy just miss the life, blowing off steam this morning scared of the economy but with God and hardwork all will be well! We Can't wait to come home Thanks
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Good Luck Cnecki
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I think You can always go home again. If you want it then do it. The chances of you being born and raised on a tiny speck in the ocean with the most amazing people in the world are astronomical. If you can go, go. I wish I had the balls do it.
          Kaleo
          HomegrownHawaii.com - classmates, friends...ohana!

Comment

Working...
          X