Neil Gaiman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman, author of American Gods, Coraline, Neverwhere, Stardust, Sandman, etc., mentions in his journal that he will be doing a book signing in Hawai'i in late July. More details as they come.

Re: Neil Gaiman

I'm there. Anyone else?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Bad news -- the Hawai'i leg of his tour has been cancelled.

The bad news is that the Hawaii signing isn't going to happen on this trip. Harper Collins didn't have any bookshops they felt comfortable with putting a signing for me in there, and while we then spoke to DC Comics about a potential comic-shop location to host a signing, that coincided with discovering that, while Sydney to LA via Hawaii has been the easy sane and normal route I've taken every time I've gone to Australia so far, this time, for reasons that only travel agents understand, it was enormously problematical, and at the point where the travel agent triumphantly announced that I could definitely get from Sydney to Honolulu as long as I didn't mind going via San Francisco, I gave up.

It now looks like I've got a 30 hour layover in Tokyo instead, around the 23rd of July. Not that I'm planning to sign anything there, but it'll be nice finally to get to Japan.

(from Neil Gaiman's Journal )

Comment

Neil Gaiman's film, MirrorMask, will be showing at the Hawai‘i International Film Festival on October 20, 2005, and at the Honolulu Academy of Arts' Doris Duke Theatre on December 20, 2005.

(from Sony Pictures' MirrorMask site)

Comment

Working...
        X