Changes in drivers license policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in drivers license policies

I initially posted this is in the "American Asylum" thread, but I figure most of you don't ever go there, so I'm posting this in here because it DOES directly relate to you guys and the new procedures that will be in place beginning Monday.

Beginning on Monday, when you go to renew or get a driver's license, you'd better be prepared to wait in line longer. Beginning Monday, the MVL will be checking to see if your Social Security number matches your name, birthdate and the SSN they have on file for you. If you married and your last name changed and you didn't notify SSA about the change, you will probably be given the 10th degree and be forced to produce other kinds of documentation. If you DON'T have a Social Security number, you're in BIIIG pilikia. And that's just the beginning of it. The "Real ID" act gives States 3 years to come into full compliance...
    Welcome to the world of national security. Don't be surprised if the fees attached to renewing or getting a license go up too. Somebody's gotta pay for the new equipment that will be required, and it's NOT going to be the Federal government. Mind you, your Social Security number was never intended to be an "ID". But nowadays, you can't get a credit card or a loan without disclosing your SSN. You can argue all you want, but the financial institution will come right back at you and tell you if you don't supply that SSN, you're not going to be doing business with them because they can, under the "Patriot Act" force you to give them your SSN...so it can later be stolen by someone to use to take away your identity.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Changes in drivers license policies

While this may come to pass, fortunately social security numbers are no longer placed on the licenses themselves.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
    X