Special Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Request

First off I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am looking to see if anyone here could get me some white sand from the beach there I would pay for shipping. If you could let me know by email ryanb219@yahoo.com. The reason I ask for this is because my great grandfather was stationed there during pearl harbor. Well I dont think I will get the chance anytime soon to go there so I was looking to see if I could get something to add to his collection of memories?? Thanks again my email is ryanb219@yahoo.com

Re: Special Request

Originally posted by Fisherman
    First off I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am looking to see if anyone here could get me some white sand from the beach there I would pay for shipping. If you could let me know by email ryanb219@yahoo.com. The reason I ask for this is because my great grandfather was stationed there during pearl harbor. Well I dont think I will get the chance anytime soon to go there so I was looking to see if I could get something to add to his collection of memories?? Thanks again my email is ryanb219@yahoo.com
    Hi there Fisherman, I understand your request, but it is not nice to take from the island even for a good reason. You would do better by your grandfather to come and walk the sands he did ( if finances permit) and collect the sand your self. There are Alot of spiritual reasons none of us would take from the island without prayer or permission. Read more about grandfathers love of the island and the culture, you will understand. Alot of love and sorry for your loss. Cnecki
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I'll do it. Will a 1-tablespoon glass vial work for you?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        I'll do it. Will a 1-tablespoon glass vial work for you?
        I'd be careful.No postal inspector seeing a vial filled with a white powdery substance will automatically assume anyone is actually shipping sand.

Comment

Theres alot of knick knacks with sand inside, that they sell to the tourists especially in Waikliki. The problem is they all made in the Philippines, Korea, Japan or China.

They all sell sand to mix for concrete......

My son will be moving this weekend to Barber's Point. Get plenty sand there. How much you need? Does the sand have to be from Waikiki?

Aloha,

Auntie Pupule
          Last edited by 1stwahine; May 24, 2005, 10:21 AM. Reason: oops...with sand. sorry!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, see everyone nice here. Me too scared to remove anything from the island I have had to much bad luck in the past and am trying everything to be a good girl now! God give'th and with me God takith away (when I am a bad girl!!!!!!) Enjoy the sand, the Kuma's will take care of you. Lots of Love Cnecki
            Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

My little bit of North Shore and pacific Ocean is still in my Pepsi bottle (with or without the Under God on it, lol) that i bought and paid for while revisiting Oahu last November. I later dropped my orchid into it from the church we used to attend while living there. Unfortunately, that didnt go over well and the water appears to be very dark in color. I would offer you some of that sand but i am very afraid to smell it if i were to open the bottle, lol.
              If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
              X