Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Telcom: The Transition

So how's it going? Anyone else get their separate DSL bill yet? Have you as a customer received any helpful transition information? At least we know we're going to get two phone books again. And I agree with those who say the new, albeit abstract, "bubble islands" logo sure beats the Verizon "V" any day. I doubt they're in a hurry to repaint their trucks, though...

Re: Hawaiian Telecom: The Transition

I've been wondering where to send my check. Maybe I'll go down to Pearlridge (Downtown) and try to pay in person.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Maybe the 2 directories and new logos will help disguise any shortcomings you might have in the near future about the services you receive from the new phone company.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, were those the official new phone books? I assumed, based on their appearance, that they were another trashy set of useless ads and tossed 'em in the trash. I guess I won't be looking up any new phone numbers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          So how's it going? Anyone else get their separate DSL bill yet? Have you as a customer received any helpful transition information? .
          http://hawaiiantel.com/ has a lot of helpful information. It is my understanding that the Verizon Online DSL bill will be included with your landline bill just like the
          Verizon billing. If you heard any different please let me know.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            Oh, were those the official new phone books? I assumed, based on their appearance, that they were another trashy set of useless ads and tossed 'em in the trash. I guess I won't be looking up any new phone numbers this year.
            Nah, the new, two-piece Hawaiian Telecom books aren't going to be out until October or so, and will feature the artwork of local schoolchildren. Aww! You're probably talking about one of the "other" two (or is it three, now?) small players in the local phone book market - the "Paradise Pages" or "Ad-Ventures."

I'm still waiting for our DSL bill. I'm still not sure how they're going to separate it all, since now Hawaiian Telecom is providing the landline, and Verizon (on the Mainland) is "technically" serving the DSL.

So much for the news that Verizon was going to finally let folks have DSL without phone service!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Nah, the new, two-piece Hawaiian Telecom books aren't going to be out until October or so, and will feature the artwork of local schoolchildren. Aww! You're probably talking about one of the "other" two (or is it three, now?) small players in the local phone book market - the "Paradise Pages" or "Ad-Ventures."
              Oh, OK. I feel better, then. It'll be nice to see phone books with local artwork on the covers again; that was the best part about the GTE Hawaiian Tel phone books.

Comment

I was planning to get DSL via Verizon and then this switch occurs. According to the Hawaiian Telcom web page they offer the service but they don't say how much it is going to cost other than $19-20 for handling of the equipment and $99 cancelation fee if you do it between months 2 and 12 of your year long contract.

Comment

I walked in to the new Hawaiian Telcom store (same layout as the former Verizon store) at Pearlridge and had no trouble getting them to accept my check. The cashier was funny: "you'll get a new bill...sometime."

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                    I was planning to get DSL via Verizon and then this switch occurs. According to the Hawaiian Telcom web page they offer the service but they don't say how much it is going to cost other than $19-20 for handling of the equipment and $99 cancelation fee if you do it between months 2 and 12 of your year long contract.
                    When I paid the bill in person (see below) I noticed they had ads up for three different DSL plans. I think all three are $29.95/month, but there are varying penalties for termination before contract completion. I know I saw month-to-month and annual terms; I don't remember what the third was.

Comment

Be grateful you didn't suffer the same fate that Nadine Newright, from Haiku, suffered recently...she got 2 phone bills--one from Verizon Hawaii and one from Hawaiian Tel--on the same day...for the same services but each bill was for a different amount!

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Until the transition is complete Verizon Online will be providing DSL services.
                        [The transition period is 9 months from May 2, 2005]. It is my understanding
                        that until the transition is complete Hawaiian Telcom and Verizon will be
                        splitting the monies from the bill. Thus it should be all on one bill.

Verizon Online's pricing for DSL still apply.

1.5Mbps/384K 29.95/year contract/
                        37.95/month to month

3.0Mbps/768K 29.95/year contract
                        37.95/month to month

Edit: After the 9 month transition Hawaiian Telcom supposedly will have a
                        in-house ISP setup for DSL accounts.

Edit II: To order Verizon Online DSL you cannot do it online anymore.
                        You have to call 643-3456
                        Last edited by Aaron S; May 13, 2005, 06:10 PM.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

My dad got our first Hawaiian Telcom bill yesterday.The landline, DSL charges
                          were on the same bill..thank goodness.

Aaron
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Is anyone having trouble sending mail from a verizon.net account today? I can receive with no trouble, but every message I've tried to send just times out.

Comment

Ooooo, I'm so mad! I've been having problems with my computer since this morning. I go to Hawaiian Tel @ Ward to pay my bill and ask if my bill include my dial-up charges. It does. Who do I call for help. Customer service. Fine I answered. Had to go Verizon to pay cellelur bill. Hawaiian tel no longer deals in wireless that was under Verizon when new owners took over. Still with me?

I go home and computer just can't get connected. Oh! I forgot this is the hp503n that I got new that and had fixed how many times. I call Hawaiian Tel and they tell me to call Verizon @ 1-800-567-6789. Now they have a new system and if you really need to talk with an "technician" remain on the line.

Ok...due to the vulgarity of what happens next, you have the option to read it at http://www.hawaiistories.com/lynn

Thank you,
                              Auntie Pupule
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X