High school memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school memories

Hey kids! Is there a particular memory you have from high school that you want to share with everyone?

Mine isn't really from high school per se, but rather from the days just after high school graduation:

Okay . . . so when we graduated high school, each of my group of friends had a party. One of the parties was exceptionally interesting.

We were on some land in Keanae, Maui. There was one house on the land, and the rest was totally empty.

My friend, L, and I decided to go for a walk--to find some 'shrooms. lol

So we headed out. We hiked for miles, finding nothing.

Finally, we were so hot and so exausted that we stopped to rest beside a small river on the land.

So we're sitting there, splashing our feet in the river, when I got up and walked to an area of the river where the water pooled up a bit.

I jumped in to relieve myself of the heat.

I called to my friend that the water felt great and that she should jump on in too.

"I can't" L said. "I'm . . . well . . . you know!"

"Oh come on! It's only us! If the damn pad swells up with the water, who's gonna know?"

Being that she was dying of heat too, she quickly gave in and jumped in the water.

After we swam for a while, we decided we'd better head back to the house since it was, after all, her own graduation party.

As soon as we got back, L decided to take a shower. (Who could blame her?)

I was in the loft, laughing with some other friends about something really stupid. Suddenly I hear a panicked voice: "JEMMIE!!!!!! Get down here NOW!" Ohmigawd! I ran down the ladder to the loft.

L, in the doorway of the bathroom, was calling me inside. "You gotta see this! This isn't normal!"

I dashed in the bathroom, scared out of my mind that something was seriously wrong with my friend.

Then she showed it to me . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Her pad.

There were these crystals on it! These little, kinda pink crystals! ICK! (Pink from the . . . well, you know.)

"WTF is that!?!?"

All we could fathom was that something in the pad reacted with the water from the river, forming crystals.

Again . . . ICK!

To this day I tease my friend about her crystals!

PS She's sworn me to secrecy about this, so don't tell anyone! LOL
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
    The inability to hear is a nuisance; The inability to communicate a tragedy. Hear my hands!

Re: Dis Just *MIGHT* Be Posted In Da Wrong Place

Originally posted by Jemmie211

To this day I tease my friend about her crystals!

PS She's sworn me to secrecy about this, so don't tell anyone! LOL
    LOL too. Now everybody knows! uuhhh...does she read hawaiithreads.com? cause if she does, you'll be seeing crystals. nah, thanx for sharing. Me, too many great memories in high school.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: High school memories

ooookay...that was a lovely high school memory! Hmmm I guess you had to be there to appreciate it.

Makes me so glad I'm a guy and don't have to deal with pads or wings or easy insert applicators.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I do have alot of memories myself.
        Some are good & some are bad or sad ones.

I remember, I had 2 cute guys ( so I thought, way back then.) That I had so much crush on, or was 3?. LOL. Any way, of all the three, one of them, turned out to be ugly in later years, the other one, well.....
        he end up loosing quite few hairs,LOL, but, he ended up merrying a really nice japn. gal & moved to LVNV. (Good for him!.), the 3rd one, well......
        I have no idea what happened to him. I'm sure he is still around(somewhere).
        My sad remembrance is that, I have this best friend of mine, which I am still good friends with(from high school days), but, she just changed so much, that I am having doubts about her at this point in time!. I really don't want to get into it now, because it might get me more angry about her. Put it this way, for the last months or so of how she has treated me (which I let her slide before, but now, not anymore), & since I came back from our (LVNV/Calif.) vacation, I haven't spoken to her, &/or even called her to chat at all. I really do miss that good ol' gal I use to hang with, back in high school days. *SIGH*!. She'll never be that same person ever!. That's ok, any way. I have been talking alot of people, & finding & meeting new friends, so that's all that really matters to me any way!. She is not my only friend in this world!. There are alot more nicer people than her in this world!.
        That's my two cents.

Aloha.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Umm I don't like the Kauai Red Hawaiian salt no more...

Comment

I just finished HS 2 years ago. I don't want to remember anything else until 3 years later.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

When I was in high school I was in a cover band .what made it so special was it was the first and only time a music band in Hilo was made up from members of the 3 major high schools of the time, Hilo High , Waiakea High, and St Joe.We were called Suite Session and play everything from Seawind to Pat Benatar. Our love for music brought us together. It was fun opening up for local concerts like the Krush and also mainland acts like Tower of Power. We even did the Mauna Kea Beach resosrt's New Years eve. Not bad for a bunch of High School kids eh?
              Whenever I hear songs from the early 80's I often think back to my friends in that band.
              Last edited by alohabear; May 16, 2005, 09:14 AM.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Thank you for sharing, it made me smile. What a great way to start Monday remembering about yesteryear.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I finished High School over 10 years ago. I didn't like high school that much,
                  although I did attend the 10 year class reunion last summer.
                  Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Crystals!
                    Lovena

Comment

I suspect those were the absorbent bits inside; maybe they leaked out through a rip in the material. Don't they use the same stuff in disposable diapers too?

Comment

I still have to make an actual confession to my auntie that yes, we did take the rambler mudsliding newtown and that's what burnt out the transmission

don't turn around
                        oh woh oh
                        der komissar is in town
                        this space for rent

Comment

I remember sneaking into Kailua Drive-in (the board over the spikes trick) to watch Star Wars in single-channel, non-Dolby sound.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                            I remember sneaking into Kailua Drive-in (the board over the spikes trick) to watch Star Wars in single-channel, non-Dolby sound.
                            Sneaking in? & you never hopped into a movie theater, yet?. :-p I have a couple of times, in my days. That was soo much fun. I even brought a change of clothes to throw them off, & no one even noticed that I went to a 2nd movie theater for free. Sheesh.
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                            X