Aloha from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from South Carolina

I am so excited tofind you all, this is so neat. I lived in Hawaii twice, 7 years total and loved living there. My husband was in the Navy and we lived in military housing. The first person I met was Mary, an island girl. She and her family lived across the street, her husband also in the Navy. We became instant friends. Mary welcomed me into her family and I got to experiene Hawaii in the best way. She is still my very best friend 35 years later. Her family showed me the true "aloha spirit". I love Hawaii and thank God I got to live there. The local people there are just like home folks here, good people. I have Hawaii on the brain most of the time, if I need an escape, Hawaii is always there. I look forward to the island talk with you all. Have a great day!
    CKS

Re: Aloha from South Carolina

E komo mai, Tutu. Hope you stick around and join in the fun.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

"The local people there are just like home folks here, good people."
      i agree. i was only in hawaii for a week though.
      i'm also from sc. upstate, close to rock hill. where abouts is leesville?

Comment

Aloha Tutu! Welcome to da bess talk story place in Hawai'i! Good fun, sometimes heated like any family...but the love is there!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha again from South Carolina. Leesville is in Lexington County, west of Columbia toward Aiken. I live on Lake Murry. Lexington County is known for its peaches and strawberries. My brother is a large farmer, at one time farming over 800 acres of peaches, right now strawberries are in season. My brother has a u-pic in Gilbert so we are all about strawberries, Two of my neices graduated from Winthup College. South Carolina is home sweet home but Hawaii is very special to me. I tell people I have sand between my toes. It's a small world, I met some hawaii folks at the ball field in Gilbert, from Hawaii and come to find out.............the Samoan grandpa's brother was my mailman in Ewa Beach. Another family owns a gymnastics facility here and they are from Maui. More good people from the islands. I really enjoy meeting people from all over the world. I am very thankful for our military life and the travels that came with it.
          CKS

Comment

Carolina Tutu, I am thankful for those like you who made the sacrafices either by having loved ones or in the military yourself. It is not an easy life. Thank you.

Auntie Lynn
            momthreesoldiers

Comment

1stwahine, I found your "Lynn's Lair" and really enjoy your writing. I am not lost for words either so I really get it. My granddaughter said it best when she broght home the note from school saying she talks too much in class, (preschool}. I said, " what is going on"? Ashlynn said, Grandma, there is just soooooo much to say". She is our girl in a family of talkers. Anyway, I will continue to read your life in print, cool. I write all over the place, bathroom, inside my Bible, if you want to know whats on my mind, it's in print somewhere. Keep up the good work, you're entertaining me. Aloha, Carolina tutu
              CKS

Comment

Carolina Tutu, Big Mahalo for your kind words. The Web Master Ryan, gave me the chance to write, last year in August. It has become my place of venting, like here. I do have a life. Once again, thank you.

Lynn from Lynn's Lair

Comment

Working...
                X