Honolulu Airport food supplier's pink slime problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Airport food supplier's pink slime problem

This is some really bad airplane food. Anyone know which airlines use these guys? And if they're cleaning up their act?
    Last edited by windwardskies; May 17, 2005, 07:46 PM.

Re: Honolulu Airport food supplier's pink slime problem

In Honolulu, they provide food for Delta, Hawaiian, and United.

Comment

eh, I was afraid of that. I usually fly Hawaiian.. wonder if slime is considered Kosher. (Yes, I like saying slime. slime slime slime.)

Speaking of airline food.. this site is too entertaining.

Comment

have you ever checked out the kitchens at a lot of our downtown Honolulu Chinese restaurants? It's so disgusting it makes you want to eat at McDonalds. Gee you walk into the kitchen and your slippers stick to the grease on the floor. At night you see water rats the size of cats walking all over the cooking surfaces eating thru bags of foodstuff accidently left out overnight.

And you wonder why the illegal cooks eat on overturned plastic buckets just outside the greasy screen door in the back of the kitchen leading to the narrow alleys that line between the buildings in Chinatown, it's cleaner to eat outside in those alleys than in the kitchen itself!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

pink slime, another jab at poi eh!!???!! joke! but oh man the story sounds bad. I fly united but the menu always say food is from roy's now I wonder if same place preps those trays too. so who gets the blame here, uninspired workforce, crap mgmt., lax inspectors?
          this space for rent

Comment

Yike. And I used to actually eat airplane food on trips.

Still, though, relating to what Craig said, you dig deep enough, and you're going to find stuff you don't want to think about everywhere. Heck, even mass-produced, packaged, seemingly sterile food products have federal regulations dictating the maximum number of rodent parts and other foreign particles that bag of chips can contain! And restaurants? Sadly, it's the luck of the draw which one ends up in the news, but I'll bet that a thorough inspection of every eatery will find something to make your skin crawl.

They should just put all those reports online - or even introduce a public "grading" system like they have in some cities - and be done with the hysterics.

Pink slime. Fascinating.

Comment

The safest airplane food to consume is the stuff you take the time to make with your own hands because at least you know for sure how clean or unclean the food prep was. Unfortunately, for most people, that would be a stretch, so buying stuff to take on board is probably the next safest option, because all fast food places on the ground are monitored regularly by the health dept. And some airlines aren't even giving you the option of eating airplane food anymore because they've done away with meal service as a cost-cutting measure.

Oh, and that "pink slime"? It was probably dishwashing detergent that hadn't been washed off the utensils, etc. properly so it started pooling at the "clean" end of the dishwsher conveyor belt.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Can you say "lawsuit"???

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

they supply for hawn, aloha, delta, united and northwest...and a guy from florida IS suing over a case of the trots he got, apparently from some bad carrots...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X