Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

I asked MAMA, "Ma, what is Memorial Day?" She loooked at me with "da eyes" and yelled, "no act stupid..." I told her, "my mind blank." She shook her head and told me, "It's in memory of those who died in honor..." "We have Veteran's Day," I replied.

"Go look it up on your computer!" she screams.heheheheh
    I do, and found this at http://www.usmemorialday.org/act.html
    In Memory Of The Honored Dead

Interesting and now I once again know why. It's not about BBQ's, camping, trips, etc. It's a time when we reflect on those who died in HONOR!

Auntie Lynn
    momthreesoldiers
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Memorial Day

Memorial Day was established in the 1860s to commemorate the Civil War. By contrast, Armistice Day was established in 1926 to commemorate World War I, and then in 1954 Armistice Day was renamed to Veterans Day to include WWII as well.

Comment

I just wanted to take a brief moment on this Memorial Day to express my appreciation and respect for all those who have died in service to our country. I also want to pay tribute to my two uncles who lost their lives; Pvt. Warren Bushman (Korea, 1951) and Maj. Gen. William Crumm (South China Sea, 1967). May they all rest in peace and know that they are not forgotten.
      Last edited by glossyp; May 28, 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Mahalo glossyp for bumping this thread.

Time of Silence for those who lost their Lives so we can continue to Live the way we do ~ In FREEDOM!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X