Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you searching for happiness?

Dear all,

I am coming all the way from Germany to film a non-commercial documentary in Hawaii in July. Is there anything interesting going on in your life that month? Will you start a new job/life/love? Are you at a crossroad in your life?

I am a 38 year filmmaker from the south of germany and I would love to portray people who actively pursue happiness in their lives. I want film locals in different countries all driven by their quest for happiness. This may be a little boy from the Indian countryside who travels to Calcutta to become a soccer star, or a nomad who leaves the city to travel back home to the wide open spaces of his native desert. The protagonist might be poor or rich, lonely or in love, old or young, muslims, christians or zoroastrian. No matter who or where they are, they all have one thing in common: their extraordinary pursuit of happiness.

Although the documentary will be very close to the people it portrays, it will reveal much about the countries they live in. My protagonists will take us to the places we would not see as an average visitor to their homelands. I want to show how people really live, to expose the splendor and the beauty of real life in the countries I visit. This is a travel documentary with a human focus.

Please send me some ideas. Thanks very much!

Re: How are you searching for happiness?

piist! hooy! welcome to hawaiithreads.com urlike, eh, don't look any further! I volunteer! go to http://www.hawaiistories.com/lynn read about me. On July 9th my son, will getting married somewhere in Waikiki, with a celebration of family and friends. Then I can take you to Chinatown and film the truth what hasn't been film per se. Another would be where I live at MWH, how the residents are finally combatting the problems by getting together and putting aside cultural differences. Yeah, I think you would definitely have a great addition to your quest from Hawai'i.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have mental illness. No worry...it's controlled by Dapakote and Lithium. I'm always seeking more happiness...been through much pain and suffering, das why I'm pupule (crazy). nah, I'm happy, very happy...I'm a grandmother!

Aloha,
    Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Have a nice day everyone!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 28, 2005, 08:12 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: How are you searching for happiness?

Check out the GPSHawai'i part of Hawaii threads along with the worldwide site of www.geocaching.com. It's a hide and seek treasure hunting game that uses handheld GPSr's to find out where they are. I'd be willing to take you to a few if you'd like. It brings people to places they would not ordinarily make it to. It's one way I'm trying to find happiness, by exploring these lovely islands. My game name is Buddy2 and have hidden 4 now. 1)Secret Menehune Fishing Spot-GCMFAC, 2)Menehune Water Source-GCMNPJ, 3)Ala Wai Peninsula-GCMMWZ and 4) Lili'uokalani's Toy Box-GCP8CA. The letter asignments are what's called waypoints. I have found 28 hidden by other game players. Aloha, Jeffry Ruddy email: geobuddy2@verizon.net.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
      X