Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

Respects and Rest In Peace today for all those who served for us. These pics taken earlier in the year from the west coast from a traveling tribute.
    Attached Files
    this space for rent

Re: Memorial Day

I have no affiliation with the sponsoring group.
    Attached Files
    this space for rent

Comment

not forgotten
      Attached Files
      this space for rent

Comment

pics cont'd.
        Attached Files
        this space for rent

Comment

cont'd ...
          Attached Files
          this space for rent

Comment

on the steps of City Hall
            Attached Files
            this space for rent

Comment

from Land's End, Aloha. now time for me to go pay my respects.
              Attached Files
              this space for rent

Comment

Mahalo for the pictures. I, too will be going to Hawaiian Memorial and visiting my father and husband with my kids and grandchildren. All our Armed Forces past and present will be in our hearts and minds today...I am fortunate to have my kids survive this present conflict.

Auntie Lynn
                momthreesoldiers
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Memorial Day

Just wanted to say "THANKS" to all who serve. Giving of themselves for the betterment of all. Aloha
                  In remembrance of Memorial Day
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

We visited "Eyes Wide Open" when it stopped in Seattle. At the time, there were just a few over 1,500 servicepeople killed in Iraq. And that was about 2 months ago. The number is now over 1,600 and climbing...

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

We went to the Memorial Day service held for the Nisei soldiers from the 100th/442nd Combat Battalion who were killed in WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Grenada this morning. Stories about the 100th/442nd, which is now mostly comprised of members from Hawaii and American Samoa and Guam, still inspire much respect, admiration and reverence from families and friends of the brave men who gave their lives, even though many were either interned or had families who were interned in places like Manzanar, Gila River, and Pocatello.

I found out today that the 100th/442nd is in the field in Balud, Iraq, which is just north of Baghdad. To anyone who still has family or friends in the 100th/442nd: Please know that when they say, "Go For Broke", they are measuring themselves against a combat unit that was the most highly decorated in World War II.

Many veterans of the 100th/442nd don't like talking about what they did in battle. To them, it was "just something that had to be done". We should never forget that for them, doing something that had to be done went beyond what many of us would do today, and that many of our lives were made easier because of their sacrifices.

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; May 30, 2005, 07:06 PM.
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

More on the history of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. They are currently deployed at Camp Anaconda. So if you read in the papers or hear on the news that something has happened at Camp Anaconda, that's where our guys are.

Miulang

Comment

Did anyone participate in a ceremony?

I did, for 3 years, and our group stood at attention at the very top of the Punchbowl area, overlooking the people. You won't appreciate it until you actually participate in one and just be a part of it (and trying to stand at attention for that long in the hot morning sun isn't a picnic also)
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Mahalo Adrian. I, as a mom of three soldiers appreciate what you did!

Auntie Lynn
                            momthreesoldiers@msn.com
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When I joined the Air Force in 1978 my first assignment was to Hickam AFB where I worked in Civil Engineering. Two of the guys I worked with, Frank and Yama, had been with the 442nd RCT in Italy and southern France. Another, Steve Fermahin (sp?), told of watching Pearl Harbor being bombed as he went to buy bait for fishing. A man in the shop next to us was a runner at PACAF HQs that morning. It was people like this that showed me what I was there for and what I had to live up to. Mahalo to all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X