X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked Sushi

Found this article while Googling for shrimp stories:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_447163.htm

Said to be an old Japanese tradition: serving sushi on naked young women. Here's a story about it being banned from an area in China. I suspect sales could decline.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: naked sushi

Well, it's been around long enough to catch on in the U.S. Folks were upset about it in Seattle three years ago. And these guys will still do it for you... for $5,000 and up.

Comment

That Seattle naked sushi place was a flash in the pan, a momentary blip on our dining scene. The bar doesn't even exist anymore, so either 1) the protests were successful or 2) the thought of eating nigiri off a nearly naked woman was unappealing enough that the concept had its 15 seconds of fame and disappeared. I remember when a bunch of Asian university kids also picketed in front of one of Wolfgang Puck's eateries in downtown Seattle (I think it was a Chinoise); that place eventually went under, too.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

ummmmm.....sushi
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Yep like I said...Divers may do it deeper, but Japanese eat it RAW!!

Hmmmm...is that Ume on your breasts or is the Air Conditioner set too cold?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Naked Sushi

A.K.A. "Nyotaimori"

Foxnews.com published a story today about the "Naked Sushi" trend catching on in Florida.

Chef David Keir seductively took off the model's black kimono, leaving her in nothing but a teeny G-string and flower-shaped pasties, the Times reported.

The woman lay on a small stage in the club and, as gawkers watched, the 35-year-old chef covered her body with colorful sushi rolls atop leaves of bamboo.

Dancers in sexy school-girl getups flanked the naked sushi-server, dancing suggestively to the sultry, pulsating music, according to the Times. And then, Keir picked the pieces of raw fish right off the woman's stomach with tongs and placed it on drooling diners' plates, much to their gle
            Anyone had this dining experience? Approve of it? Find it offensive? Is there a restaurant or private club in Hawaii that offers this?

I haven't experienced it, and while it SOUNDS kinda' gimmicky, I'm not knockin' it until I try it.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Naked Sushi

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              Anyone had this dining experience?
              Yes. But in the privacy of my own home.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It might work better if the naked lady (or man) would be delivered to the table and the clients could eat right off the naked body. I don't get the schoolgirls thing. It also might work better if the naked body was really naked...and not with a teensy G-string and pasties...and if the sushi was served directly from the skin, rather than being placed on leaves. Slightly spread legs and/or an erection (for the male nakeds) might make this more real, too. The waitress asks, "Chopsticks or tongue?".

Actually, I clicked on this thinking that the sushi was naked.
                Last edited by SusieMisajon; June 28, 2008, 10:49 PM.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

In matters of this nature, it is polite to carry a clean towel with one for these 'I gotta sit down' moments.
                  When the climate warms up, sensible people must discard various items of clothing.

Comment

What's the point of seeing if I can't touch? And if I could touch, I'd want to taste.

Meh. I doubt it would do much for me, much like a strip joint.

Unless of course the woman was rather chatty. The first question I'd ask her would be what she day dreams about to pass the time while lying on the slab.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

this is an old "hot trend" for sure.

old thread about it on HT from 2005.

i distinctly remember that one of the strip bars on koreamoku was doing naked sushi on 2002. i remember it clearly because that was the year the punahou grad/college student who part-timed as a clerk at the law firm i worked for at the time was arrested as part of a bust at saigon's. i'm pretty sure it was at the place that is now known as club 939 (formerly penthouse, i think). even their website advertised it by showing a pic of the girl lying down with sushi on her and surrounded by men with chopsticks. the girl-cum-serving plate had plastic wrap between her skin and the sushi and maybe a leaf covering her "flower."

the idea apparently didn't take off.
                      Last edited by cynsaligia; June 29, 2008, 05:09 AM.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Who would of thought that something round, plump, and juicy could kill you? And those tomatoes weren't bad too.

Comment

Sushi, from a naked body. Now I've heard it all.

"Have you tried the dipping sauce? No, No, that's not the saucer."
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                          X