New series gives Hawaii 3 TV shows in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New series gives Hawaii 3 TV shows in production

{br}New series gives Hawaii 3 TV shows in production{br}starbulletin.com - May 17 2004 18:45:0 GMT{br}{br}This article was posted automatically. Comments are welcome!

Re: New series gives Hawaii 3 TV shows in production

Originally posted by from the Star Bulletin article
    "Lost" follows a group of castaways stranded on an unnamed Pacific Island after an airplane crash. The drama is about the group creating a new society.
    Unless this series takes place between the 1940's to the 1960's I find this premise hard to shallow, unless of course there is some sort of disaster/sci-fi element that makes the rest of the modern world unable to find them. It could be as simple as a randomly occuring wormhole that starts in the Atlantic Ocean and puts the series characters in the Pacific Ocean. To time travel, different dimensions, Earth getting hit by comets that make the water level rises, spilled coffee that starts World War III, or to a different planet all together, take your pick folks.

Originally posted by from the Star Bulletin article
    Lindelof and co-producer/creator J.J. Abrams expect to produce "Lost" entirely in Hawaii.
    J.J. Abrams, isn't this the same person who does Alias? If so if one of the series characters is named Milo, then bet on the time travel angle going backwards in time.

Comment

Like a lot of other people, I find it hard to get real excited about the fact that there are so many series in production. Each new series seems to outdo the other in presenting a tiki-exotic-mai tai-bikini view of Hawai`i. If anything, Hawaii Five-O, at least relatively speaking, did less to blatantly misrepresent the state than anything that came later (unless you count Lilo and Stich!).
      Sun-Ki Chai
      崔勝基 (최승기)
      sunki@hawaii.edu
      www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Comment

>I find it hard to get real excited about the fact that there are so many series in production. Each new series seems to outdo the other in presenting a tiki-exotic-mai tai-bikini view of Hawai`i.

that's the point; escapist fare.

> If anything, Hawaii Five-O, at least relatively speaking, did less to blatantly misrepresent the state than anything that came later

I dunno; a major crime occurring once a week in Hawaii?
        Guys running around Honolulu in full dark suits!?

>(unless you count Lilo and Stich!)
        huh!?

Comment

Working...
        X