The hawaiian language.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hawaiian language.

I looked around this website for a thread like this, but couldn't find one. Just a thread where we can all help each other learn the hawaiian language. I know a few words and I'm starting to make flashcards. Does anyone here know how to say imagine and imagination in hawaiian? Those are words I'd love to learn.

Re: The hawaiian language.

To the Hawaiian or Kanaka Maoli, the word Imagine should be tied to the vision of unity because that's what's needed to empower their race politically.

One day Hawaiians will see a Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce. When that happens then they become major players in Hawaii's economic scene. Otherwise they stay consumers shopping at Wal Mart.

Too bad the factions can't agree on one form of governance. That to me is what is keeping Hawaiians from attaining one collective and strong voice in Hawaii's politics.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'm not fluent, but I do have Pukui, Elbert, & Mo'okini on my shelf. They say that "imagination" translates as no'o no'o ulu wale, which literally means something like "thoughts wandering freely".

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        I'm not fluent, but I do have Pukui, Elbert, & Mo'okini on my shelf. They say that "imagination" translates as no'o no'o ulu wale, which literally means something like "thoughts wandering freely".

Glen, if you were to translate "Thoughts wandering freely" back into local pidgin, it would come out, "I stay all f*@K up" after all night drinking at Club Rose in Kakaako.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X