Peaceful Easy Feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaceful Easy Feeling

Did anyone else see the Eagles on TV last night? Wow! Now that was music, not like the CRAP that comes out nowdays. It was nice to hear the classics as well as the new songs. My 11 year old said to me Joe Walsh rocks! Too bad we can't go back to a more laid back era where a good song can make you feel better. Let's see 25 years from now if Britney or Nelly have a special on TV doing thier "classics" . Man ....I was feeling old , but now "I got a peaceful easy feeling"
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Peaceful Easy Feeling

Originally posted by alohabear
    Did anyone else see the Eagles on TV last night? Wow!
    Indeed!
    I didn't know the show was on until mere minutes before it started, but luckily I had time to throw in a tape and record both hours of it, so now I've got that and the Hell Freezes Over tour on tape.
    And I absolutely agree with the rest of your comments, too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Too bad we can't go back to a more laid back era where a good song can make you feel better.
      Don't get me wrong--the Eagles are one of my top-five favorite bands ever, and I sympathize with you about "the good old days" (I'm thirty-six). It is my belief that none of us will ever love anything as much as the stuff we loved when we were younger: cartoons will never be as good, songs will never be as good, and even food won't ever really be as good. Still, every era has had its "crap," and ever era has its genius. There's still a lot of good (much of it Eagles-influenced) music in every genre, even today.

No, you won't love it as much as you love the Eagles, but you may like it, and some of it will sound fresher. If laid-back is your style, have you given Jack Johnson or John Mayer a try? They're not my cup of tea, but laid-back they definitely are.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Did anyone else see the Eagles on TV last night? Wow! Now that was music, not like the CRAP that comes out nowdays. It was nice to hear the classics as well as the new songs. My 11 year old said to me Joe Walsh rocks! Too bad we can't go back to a more laid back era where a good song can make you feel better. Let's see 25 years from now if Britney or Nelly have a special on TV doing thier "classics" . Man ....I was feeling old , but now "I got a peaceful easy feeling"
        Huh? What!? What channel? I saw them Unplugged once, that was hot.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Indeed!
          I didn't know the show was on until mere minutes before it started, but luckily I had time to throw in a tape and record both hours of it, so now I've got that and the Hell Freezes Over tour on tape.
          And I absolutely agree with the rest of your comments, too.
          Two hours? I'm sick... what channel was it on?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            Huh? What!? What channel? I saw them Unplugged once, that was hot.
            ABC... KITV. And yes, two hours!
            They did a few songs 'unplugged' with acoustic guitars.
            A lot more of Glen Frey than Don Henley this time; opposite of the Hell Freezes Over concerts.
            Most chickenskin moment was easily the song they wrote the day after the 9/11 attack. WOW. Misty, da eyes.

Comment

Wonder if there's a torrent available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Wonder if there's a torrent available yet.
                ???
                Torrent?

Comment

Umm, torrent as in BitTorrent, a way to download large files over the Internet. Very popular for video files.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Umm, torrent as in BitTorrent, a way to download large files over the Internet. Very popular for video files.
                    Oh. Okay. Thanks.
                    Apologies from me, the "technologically impaired" one!

Comment

The DVD comes out on june 14th
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Dig up some Buffalo Springfield or Gram Parsons to hear it done right.

Comment

The DVD comes out on june 14th
                          What were they having a concert for? Just wondering because it was on regular network TV right?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                            What were they having a concert for? Just wondering because it was on regular network TV right?
                            It was taped in Melbourne, Australia, but wasn't for a charity fundraiser or anything, so what it was "for" was for The Eagles Retirement Fund.
                            (As if that needs any more contributions!)

They're making a ton of money from the tour, another ton from merchandise sales, another ton from CD sales... plus whatever seven-figure fee they collected from letting ABC-TCV buy the rights. Ka-CHING!!!

Comment

I was in borders at the alamoana shopping center the other day reading this book about the eagles. It was describing all the fights they had umongst themselves. Something about the mellowed out cali guys fighting strikes me as funny. One section describes a concert where in between songs henly is telling don fielder [sp] he is gonna kick his azz after the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X